Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 3, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #46,188 of 149,060
If I understood Stoddard's post correctly; he said they will only offer a new interface update if and only if they think it is worth the extra money u pay. That means they have a new interface; it is not good enough yet. :p So may be not in the current lot of 4. :p I will be happily wrong tho'. :D

Discussion on the Darko video suggests that Jason thinks it's good. Someday bits will be bits, as they should be.

May 3, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #46,189 of 149,060
Thank you @jimmers . That makes sense! @Scott Kramer & @barondla ... you appear to be familiar with this too. Fair enough. I got my answer. Thanks, eh. BTW, I kludged together a 12 VDC computer-fan beside the toy. It's gently blowing into the chassis' steel holes, promoting convection cooling. And looking bush-league. I'm enjoying this Valhalla 2. It's shmooooth. :ksc75smile:
IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_0003.jpg

Perhaps risers (socket savers) instead of fan lashup? That tones down the heat.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    543.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #46,190 of 149,060
Guys look what I found in youtube today. I think this is gonna keep me busy for the weekend, haha. Saving it for the weekend. :p

Ragnarok 2 detailed look:
Jason Stoddard comparing all their headphone amps:
Jason Stoddard comparing all their speaker amps:

And last but not the least: probable release dates for Rag 2 and Sol:

Enjoy!

May 3, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #46,191 of 149,060
Guys look what I found in youtube today. I think this is gonna keep me busy for the weekend, haha. Saving it for the weekend. :p

Enjoy!

I watched the second video, it was a little painful (I prefer the interviewer to focus on asking a question vice telling the interviewee the interviewer's opinions). But thank you for the videos UAS.

Edit: I watched more of the videos, Jason is very patient with the interviewer.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #46,193 of 149,060
If I understood Stoddard's post correctly; he said they will only offer a new interface update if and only if they think it is worth the extra money u pay. That means they have a new interface; it is not good enough yet. :p So may be not in the current lot of 4. :p I will be happily wrong tho'. :D
Discussion on the Darko video suggests that Jason thinks it's good. Someday bits will be bits, as they should be.

Quote: Someday bits will be bits -- lol, sigh, they are, it's the post prep that gets ya!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.25.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.25.55 PM.png
    822.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #46,194 of 149,060
Painful?? :-o

I have not watched it but based on @CAPT Deadpool 's explanation, I think I can understand. I feel it is similar to conventions or public meetings where they open the floor to questions and people come up and say things like, "This is less of question and more of a comment..." and then go on a small monologue, thus taking time from people who actually have questions.

May 3, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #46,195 of 149,060
Painful?? :-o

Oh, I will be watching them all, just for the chance that I might learn more Schiit. I'm too much of a schiithead.

I'll omit my opinion on the "to leave it on or to not to leave it on" argument.

I've been enjoying a Vali 2 with stock tube and Modi 2 Uber (USB-less, I removed it) at work with an old OPPO DVD player as transport. I have an adapter for the Vali 2 to use dual 6J5s but the adapter is not steady, it wobbles in the socket.

Would using a socket saver help?

May 3, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #46,196 of 149,060
I have not watched it but based on @CAPT Deadpool 's explanation, I think I can understand. I feel it is similar to conventions or public meetings where they open the floor to questions and people come up and say things like, "This is less of question and more of a comment..." and then go on a small monologue, thus taking time from people who actually have questions.
LOL I see. But still I will watch. :)

May 3, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #46,197 of 149,060
Quote: Someday bits will be bits -- lol, sigh, they are, it's the post prep that gets ya!

You guys like REDACTED gags here-- my feeble attempt -- hope I did it right and you can't hold it up to the light, or cut/paste the black text out of the back background ;D

I may be shot after this! Not saying a peep more.

Re your being shot: It can't happen here :wink:

Edit: to clarify that's a joking reference to the 1935 book by Sinclair Lewis which I'm currently audiobooking. And can be interpreted to be a timely comment on the dangers of demagoguery.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #46,198 of 149,060

Perhaps risers (socket savers) instead of fan lashup? That tones down the heat.
I use TWO on each tube, and the entire glass envelope outside the chassis. If one would rather Jerry-rig a computer fan, or for that matter a 500CFM exhaust fan, in order to save $10 on socket-savers--I say, to each their own. Although my Valhalla is not even warm to touch, some folks would rather find a more expensive and elaborate set-up whilst complaining about the heat.russ-glo.png

Attachments

• glowing2.JPG
    glowing2.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
May 3, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #46,199 of 149,060

Enjoy!

I watched one and it was painful. Jason is a saint for letting that guy "interview" him, or whatever you call that mess.

May 3, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #46,200 of 149,060
I use TWO on each tube, and the entire glass envelope outside the chassis. If one would rather Jerry-rig a computer fan, or for that matter a 500CFM exhaust fan, in order to save $10 on socket-savers--I say, to each their own. Although my Valhalla is not even warm to touch, some folks would rather find a more expensive and elaborate set-up whilst complaining about the heat.
Jeeze that's bright, do you have 240V plugged into a 120V Val? ;D instagram "make me pretty" or is your shutter stuck open? (kidding) --

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back