1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
First

Back
3048 3049 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3055 3056 3057
3059 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066
Next

Last
  1. Rowethren
    I answered your question and gave you advice about reading Jasons posts prior to asking questions that had already been answered. I am certainly not a Schiit fan boy and you, in fact, own more Schiit gear than I do which is an irony.

You are lucky you aren't on some other forms as you would have been banned just for your first post. Expecting someone to react positively to such arrogance isn't going to get you far here...

2. Zer0.p0int.Zer0

I bought a b-stock Fulla a while back that also had an off-center knob. I fixed that, but I can’t get rid of the scratchy right channel when I turn the knob. Does yours have any problem like that?

3. DeeKay10
    Nope. oO

4. judson_w
    Yep, four is standard. In the description for the coasters it does state "Looking for the quintessential Schiit schwag? Look no further. Here’s a set of four PC board coasters, perfect for resting your drink on."

My B-Stock Fulla is sometimes scratchy when I turn the volume knob, but I do not mind it much since I normally do not turn it while listening. Or if I do, it is for a moment. I do see how it can be obnoxious to some though.

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  5. Robert Padgett
    I am afraid that this advice is coming too late in the process. When I first went online in 1994, we had 'Netiquette' which was a loose set of 'rules' which governed social media. As things progressed, we went from text-only bulletin boards to interactive hand-held devices, and the only cost of admission was ownership of a device, and sufficient money to buy access to a service.

The Social Media has become the worst possible combination of circumstance--anonymous posting from the safety of a screen name, no accountability to anyone, and the ill-gotten belief that everyone has equal weight and value to the comments that they make. It is as if, the ability to insult someone--a total stranger--while hiding in the darkness of a screen name--is "free speech" and therefore should be respected and tolerated.

I read a theory about this descent in chaos, voiced very early in this social media experience.
    The writer postulated that the Internet gave voice to our Darkside.
    There is in every man's heart, a Darkside. Social norms teach us basic values, and that dark side is held in check. The ability to communicate your Darkside from a nameless, and unaccountable place, gives it the freedom to express whatever evil or poison it chooses, without fear of reprisal.

Let me conclude this by saying, just because someone said it, doesn't make it true--likewise, just because there is an adapter, doesn't mean it is going to work.
    It is my hope that in a moderated forum, we all have the right to express our opinions about ideas, but not about the person who shared the opinion.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  6. KoshNaranek
    Let us all try to do our best to lead by example

7. artur9
    So...

No more AXPONA/SCHIIT news?

I haven't noticed any improvement over time with my b-stock Vidar but I also haven't had a lot of time to listen.

8. Rensek
    Without knowing your past post history does that mean you like the b stock Vidar as is or not?

My Vidar sounds fantastic, also b stock, but brought up to feb19 new production standards after warranty work. Just wondering your thoughts.

9. artur9
    Yeah, my post does make it sound like I'm giving the Vidar side-eyes, doesn't it?

I like the b-stock Vidar very much but noted some said it improved after 3 days. (I know my Gumby went through a spectrum of changes.)

The ease with which it handles power demands, its clarity of sound and its channel separation are all improvements over the amp it replaced. Nicely done Schiit!

Ripper2860, US Blues and Rensek like this.
  10. ScottFree
    Speaking as someone who's old enough to remember those first early magical and innocent days of the World Wide Web, there was then, and is still a unwritten (and sometimes written) rule on forums like these, that if you had a question about anything, anything at all, that you looked at and searched the posts and threads on the forum to see if your question had been asked and answered beforehand. If it hadn't, then you posted your question, not before. I wish this was more common knowledge than it is now. If you had actually bothered to do this, you would have seen the post that Jason made that he was going to be at AXPONA so he would be very busy. You also would have seen the message that the internals of Aegir are fairly similar to Vidar. If you had done that, then perhaps you wouldn't have acted like a little brat. Now If you don't want to be "The Club" then you are free to leave, but if you are going to stay then Yes you are expected to behave.

11. andrewmg
    Schiit makes the Supreme Court! From the appendix to the Respondent's brief in the Iancu v. Brunetti case that was argued this morning (the left-hand side is approved trademarks; the right-hand side, rejected):

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.59.31 PM.png

Here's the full appendix, covering the PTO's inconsistent treatment of "scandalous" trademarks. And here's a report on today's argument.

12. CAPT Deadpool
    Now that is a quality post from a new person to the forum. Bravo!

I hope we don't scare you off.

In defense of some of the other new posters (not u Andrew). The search functions on some forums for example DIY Audio and Head-fi are not exactly user friendly and take some trial and error to figure out the best way to search.

13. yonson
    x
    I wouldn't say he's new, as much as a lurker...

14. KoshNaranek
    I know that this is not audio related but I wish to share my sadness at destruction of the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris today.

I am neither French nor Catholic but mankind itself is poorer today.

15. hearditontheX
First

Back
3048 3049 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3055 3056 3057
3059 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066
Next

Last