Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 18, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #43,201 of 149,357
nurse-meme-it-sure-is-quiet.jpg

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #43,202 of 149,357
Everybody's waiting for sol and aegir :beyersmile:

I read many good opinions on vidar ... aegir must be something special. In this nosense hi-end world we can pay any amount of money for a good amplifier, but you surely don't need 200 watts or many toroidal transformers inside the box to have good sound. I think the answer is always about the "quality of the watts" and the right amount you need, i prefer to pay for quality and not for quantity.

I already hear a simaudio moon integrated with 50 watts sounding really better than some others with 100 and more.

An amplifier always have compromises ... i think a really good one with many watts must be really expensive, so it's usually better to have speakers / room that doesn't need too much power and a really good amplifier with less watts (cheaper) and more quality.

Aegir can be in that class of amplifier ... we'll see.

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #43,203 of 149,357
Yeah im waiting for the Aegir also. Hope its announced soon!!

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #43,206 of 149,357
[REDACTED] the [REDACTED]..... nothing else matters except, perhaps, the GADGET......:ksc75smile:

I read many good opinions on vidar ... aegir must be something special. In this nosense hi-end world we can pay any amount of money for a good amplifier, but you surely don't need 200 watts or many toroidal transformers inside the box to have good sound. I think the answer is always about the "quality of the watts" and the right amount you need, i prefer to pay for quality and not for quantity.

I already hear a simaudio moon integrated with 50 watts sounding really better than some others with 100 and more.

An amplifier always have compromises ... i think a really good one with many watts must be really expensive, so it's usually better to have speakers / room that doesn't need too much power and a really good amplifier with less watts (cheaper) and more quality.

I'm still awaiting the [REDACTED] [REDACTED]......
giphy-1.gif

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #43,210 of 149,357

Anticipation: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLoyg3JKRQ

Jan 19, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #43,213 of 149,357
Jan 20, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #43,215 of 149,357
Quiet?

No worries, everyone. Enjoy some time away from the keyboard.

I'll be back this week with a new chapter (probably Wednesday as usual). In the meantime, I'm deep in marketing hell...er, I mean, deep in marketing, doing graphics and text and banners and stuff for a whole lot of upcoming things. More products = more blather. It never changes.

With respect to a quick update, here we go:

1. I'm still seeing if we can sneak some Aegirs out in January. Otherwise it will be February. Nothing really holding us up, just waiting for boards to come back.

2. Everything else I mentioned is still on-target, at least the Q1 stuff. There have been no showstoppers. But that can always change.

3. I will be announcing something new, the Schiitrmeet, which is a fixed meeting at the Schiitr which I will be at, currently slated for the second Friday of every month from 6PM to 10PM. This is intended to be an actual meet--as in, bring your gear and have people listen. Yes, non-Schiit gear. Yes, I will be there to answer questions, and, from time to time, you may see Mike or Eddie or other Schiit folks there as well. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I think we now have the bandwidth for it. I'll announce this and post the schedule on the Schiitr site.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back