Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 14, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #40,141 of 150,608
I saw the thread was locked last night due to uncalled for name calling. I’ll be on my best behavior. By the way I only have one piece of Schiit currently but looking forward to expanding on that. I like mike and Jason’s anti-authority attitude and will to go right in the face of big corporate hifi.
This thread covers more topics than others I have visited here, even cat pictures on occasion. I have even received some good advice on telescopes, my latest hobby. Some of us have even worked with Schiit coaster amps, but if you are not used to soldering, they can be used as coasters.

Oct 14, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #40,142 of 150,608
New here from Charlotte in the Old North State...Welkommen, as they say in Greer/Spartanburg/Greenville
Howdy or hey! Those BMW people are always saying weird stuff. First, it was Michelin. The fancy-folk had everyone runnin' around sayin' Bonjoooor, now this... :wink:

Haha. I’m just south of Greenville. I’ll try to hang in there with the banter. I might even come up with something clever to add.
Some of my old stomping grounds. My folks still live in Simpsonville. Come for the banter, but stay for the knowledge.

Oct 14, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #40,143 of 150,608
If you adhere to the below, you're probably in good shape...

1. No politics
2. No religion
3. No Guns
4. No name calling
5. No mentioning of the site that shall not be mentioned
6. No posting of cat pics **

**OK, #6 is technically my rule, but it's still a good one.

Oct 14, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #40,144 of 150,608
Guns started with Winders and RCB, but it was all deleted. Anyway I need to turn in, long day tomorrow. My posts will be out of sequence but they are clean

Oct 14, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #40,145 of 150,608
Started skiing in CA, then moved East and skied a lot in Vermont, Maine, and Quebec, now back West, mostly converted to backcountry touring -- Sierra, British Columbia, and occasional trips to Europe and South America. I still ski the groomers in Tahoe for my early season tune-ups, especially if it is not too crowded. Hard as it might be to believe, I am even more fanatic about backcountry skiing than about music and audio :ksc75smile:

I tend to stick to the groomers and shallow powder. I re-learned to ski 7 years ago after 30+ years away. I wanted to focus on one aspect of the sport and get good at it. And since my S.O. works at a local ski resort here in Vermont, that was my focus. On those rare days that we have a major powder dump I usually wait a day or two before heading to the slopes. Never learned to ski deep snow, the opportunities are too few and far between here to work out the details and practice.

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #40,148 of 150,608
Ski. Live to ski. North East style - hard pack, icy, dust on crust kinda skiing. 4 inches of fresh snow qualifies as a powder day. It's fast and furious. My top speed is 56.2 MPH, though my normal average ski speed is in the mid 30s. My favorite day to ski is Wednesday as the tourists from last weekend have gone home and the tourists from next weekend haven't arrived yet. Only hard core locals on the mountain. Love when I'm at the top of a trail and there's no one below me for the entire run. Especially when it's all corduroy and we get to grab first tracks!

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #40,149 of 150,608
Ski. Live to ski. North East style - hard pack, icy, dust on crust kinda skiing. 4 inches of fresh snow qualifies as a powder day. It's fast and furious. My top speed is 56.2 MPH, though my normal average ski speed is in the mid 30s. My favorite day to ski is Wednesday as the tourists from last weekend have gone home and the tourists from next weekend haven't arrived yet. Only hard core locals on the mountain. Love when I'm at the top of a trail and there's no one below me for the entire run. Especially when it's all corduroy and we get to grab first tracks!

You're bring back memories - Mad River, Jay, Cannon when its cold, Sunday River - no snow bunnies mid week; Also crosscountry/telemark and camping in tents overnight up by Moosehead.... Oh snap, being 6' 8" those knees don't hold up. Take a few runs for me...

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #40,150 of 150,608
Agreed, I'm frighted of cats...

I had an American Staffordshire (AKA pit bull) who was quite sane, but after this guys cat jumped on her (unsuspecting) from trees a couple of times - she became deathly afraid of them - to the point of quaking and hiding. We laughed but nowadays I guess we'd blow a pile on a therapist....

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #40,151 of 150,608
I had an American Staffordshire (AKA pit bull) who was quite sane, but after this guys cat jumped on her (unsuspecting) from trees a couple of times - she became deathly afraid of them - to the point of quaking and hiding. We laughed but nowadays I guess we'd blow a pile on a therapist....

Dogs are amazing sensitive animals. Love dogs. Just wish they lived longer.

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #40,153 of 150,608
Dogs are amazing sensitive animals. Love dogs. Just wish they lived longer.

Oh you're killing me. I've had 5 dogs from early to end. My best answer is have two or more, a friend of mine always has 3-5. My last one a ridgeback/redbone coonhound died in the summer of '16 and he's still a frequent topic of conversation.

I was walking my two red brindle bullmastiffs in my neighberhood in 1981, and this aged man i never saw before or again, stopped me and said - what great dogs he said, and patted them, then looked me in eyes - and said almost sobbing - "but they die though", and he turned and walked away. I'll never forget that and it's all too obvious how right he was.

Time for a finger of Oban.

Oct 15, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #40,155 of 150,608
Oh you're killing me. I've had 5 dogs from early to end. My best answer is have two or more, a friend of mine always has 3-5. My last one a ridgeback/redbone coonhound died in the summer of '16 and he's still a frequent topic of conversation.

I was walking my two red brindle bullmastiffs in my neighberhood in 1981, and this aged man i never saw before or again, stopped me and said - what great dogs he said, and patted them, then looked me in eyes - and said almost sobbing - "but they die though", and he turned and walked away. I'll never forget that and it's all too obvious how right he was.

Time for a finger of Oban.

this is a great reason to foster. we foster certain breeds, usually older dogs who otherwise are forgotten or dogs with issues like blind, missing legs etc etc. even if we only get a couple years with them they bring us love and joy and we give them the life they should have had all along. we also rescue and rehab/are a sanctuary for reptiles for the same reasons. we are actually a legal federal 501c3 registered rescue if anyone would ever like our amazon smile link im happy to give it via pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back