Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #3,796 of 151,932
Hi Jason,

Congradulation on the highly successful Rag Launch.
Would you be able to share with us how successful the sales of the Rag has been so far? I ordered mine within the first 1hr (59min too late) of the link going live and there seems to be at less 100 orders in front of me. I bet there would have been heaps more after me.

Is the demand alot higher than what Schiit was expecting? Are you expecting similar demand when Ygg becomes available?

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #3,797 of 151,932

Hello from Michigan ,
 I saw the Monitors in a Mastering Studio , they are tall , in sections , made in Poland , the person mentioned the Name , I am trying to go back and learn the name but haven't been successful , so far . 
 I am still working on that name for you , I won't give up , I think they may be on the Antelope Video Site , the Studio is in the United States .

Tony in Michigan 

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #3,798 of 151,932
Mr. tonykaz, I went to audition the Asgard 2 with my iPhone as the source (all music iTunes Plus bitrate) and came away impressed with how things sounded but me being a dumbbutt left my MRD1Rs at home but I did utilize a pair of Momentum cans at the shop, the differences were stark to say the least. iPhone was decent but an amp just added that extra dimension. I sampled the phone by itself and with the Asgard 2 in the loop and shall we say...I brought some Schiit home with me. Actually listening to it connected to my Mac Mini at this moment hooked up analog until I can afford the next piece which was the delicious Bifrost Uber DAC they had their tunes going through.

Initial impressions and by no means I ain't gonna do a full review here but eh the A2 solved a small issue I had with the MDR1Rs and that was the leaning towards a LOT of low end. The midrange and upper registers are definitely more pronounced and the sound is quite a bit more balanced. And this is with a brand new A2 out of the box. Thats just a general keypoint impression, I'm happy and yeah, the Story of the worlds most improbable start up leaned me towards Schiit.

Yep you can spend a whole lot more but get less in return. I saw headphone amps costing way more than this A2 but really, what more is one getting? A2 = Full Class A power at a decent price wrapped up in a gorgeous casing, a manual that simply tells it like it is without being a glossy item but something that just does get the point across.

Jason and folks from Schiit, thank you for a high end product without the high end price tag!

Next purchase...Bifrost Uber with USB board!

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #3,799 of 151,932
As an aside...wonder what this thing would do to a pair of Apple Earpods on high gain volume cranked...cruddiest things I've heard!

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #3,801 of 151,932
Apple EarPod review, I'll be short with it then.

Here it is.

They suck.

The end. :)

P.S. I'm fairly certain Asgard 2 on high gain at full volume, would let the smoke out of them handily :)

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #3,802 of 151,932
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/lauding-jobs-least-loved-product-basic-apple-ear-bud

JJ

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #3,803 of 151,932
The release of this film was very famously hung up because they had real problems licensing the blues music. The chances of there ever being a standalone CD release of the soundtrack is vanishingly small…

Is this it? It's available in FLAC, CD sourced 99%log and cue
Sita Sings the Blues

The official soundtrack CD for "Sita Sings the Blues" - including both the original music and the Annette Hanshaw jazz songs from the 1920s. Profits from this CD go to the living artists who made the music in the film. See http://sitasingstheblues.com/soundtrack for more information.

01. Sita In Space (Title Track)
02. Here We Are
03. Biryani
04. What Wouldn't I Do For That Man?
05. Sita Regal
06. Daddy Won't You Please Come Home?
07. Ganpati
08. Who's That Knockin'?
09. Sita Flute
10. Mean To Me
11. Bom Shankar
12. If You Want The Rainbow
13. Intermission
14. String Theory
15. Moanin' Low
16. Agni Pariksha
17. Am I Blue
18. Rama's Great
19. Lover Come Back To Me
20. Sita Returns To Mother Earth
21. I've Got A Feelin' I'm Fallin'
22. Burnt Sugar
23. The Song Is Ended

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #3,804 of 151,932

Asgard 2 ,

Now thats what I call Burn In ;  setting the poor little Buds on Fire with your new Amp .

Tough love , I guess ,

There is a Law against Cruelty to Apple products , isn't there ? , they may read your post and cancel your iTunes Account .

Tony in Michigan 

ps , manufacturers ( like me ) can be a bit touchy about people blowing up their products , prepare for revenge ( but not from me ! ) , there is always a backlash , it's a law of Physics , better apologize while you still can ! 

Nov 18, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #3,806 of 151,932

As an aside...wonder what this thing would do to a pair of Apple Earpods on high gain volume cranked...cruddiest things I've heard!

Let us know after you've done it ... I suspect it will unleash magic smoke, if not shoot a .22 caliber driver across the room ...
smily_headphones1.gif

/img/vimeo_logo.png
(not my video, I have smoked a pair of earbuds with said amp, though)

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #3,809 of 151,932

The release of this film was very famously hung up because they had real problems licensing the blues music. The chances of there ever being a standalone CD release of the soundtrack is vanishingly small…

Is this it? It's available in FLAC, CD sourced 99%log and cue
Sita Sings the Blues

The official soundtrack CD for "Sita Sings the Blues" - including both the original music and the Annette Hanshaw jazz songs from the 1920s. Profits from this CD go to the living artists who made the music in the film. See http://sitasingstheblues.com/soundtrack for more information.

--snip--

Oh! That's great! I didn't know they had straightened things out. Good news!

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #3,810 of 151,932

Asgard 2 ,

Now thats what I call Burn In ;  setting the poor little Buds on Fire with your new Amp .

Tough love , I guess ,

There is a Law against Cruelty to Apple products , isn't there ? , they may read your post and cancel your iTunes Account .

Tony in Michigan 

ps , manufacturers ( like me ) can be a bit touchy about people blowing up their products , prepare for revenge ( but not from me ! ) , there is always a backlash , it's a law of Physics , better apologize while you still can ! 

I love my Apple products, 2 Mac Mini's in different rooms for TV content, iPhone 6 Plus as the daily communication device, iPad 4th generation for big screen fun...but the included earbuds/earpods...sigh....leave a LOT to be desired sonically plus I can't wear many earbuds, they simply fall out of my ears....hence the MDR1R around ear headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back