Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 29, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #35,733 of 154,123
eric-lewis-i-should-have-bought-more-crap-new-yorker-cartoon_a-l-9168443-8419447.jpg

Jul 29, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #35,734 of 154,123
"You were lucky, we used to DREAM of having an outhouse". (The cultual reference may not travel - as Ms Jody constantly tells me - check out the 'Four Yorkshiremen' if not) but we did in fact have an outside 'long drop' toilet until the late fifties when we had this marvelous new thing - a bathroom - with an indoor toilet.

“Now, we had it tough...”

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #35,737 of 154,123
I hate Cracker Barrel. Does anyone remember Stuckey's?

Knowing how to make grits, cole slaw, greens (with vinegar and hot sauce) and cornbread is basic survival stuff.
Basic survival stuff... that is funny!
Now listening to JD Allen. Great recommendation by @earnmyturns

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #35,740 of 154,123
Yep I grew up in and around Hannibal MO. I got arrested when I was 15 for spray painting "Tom Sawyer Smoked Dope Here" on the side of the tourist-attraction light house. :)
Ableza, you are common sense! There is no common sense in paiting another wall then your own. Better was a beautiful Tom Sawyer

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #35,741 of 154,123
No secrets here. From previous posts, folks may have been able to assemble that I was born and raised in VA near DC, and have lived and/or worked in IN, SC, NC, TN, ME, AZ, MA, MN, and HKG (listed as my head-fi location). Those are in no particular order, and there were some repeats along the way. In your state, Lebanon was home for a bit. Note to others... Lebanon is home of Cracker Barrel (and Hartmann Luggage before it was sold off).

HKG is a base of operation for work all over Asia. I spent about 20 years running around the Carolinas for work and pleasure, and I did my undergrad work in SC (almost IN). My parents and brother still live in SC and NC respectively. This is my second stretch in HKG (was here from '12 to '14 also), and I've been back since April of '17. Not sure how long this one will go. My current home in the states is in MN, but my heart is in the Carolinas. I have family spread out everywhere from @bosiemoncrieff 's neighborhood (almost literally) all the way to DC in the US.

You sure it's the tea order that makes them look at you that way? :ksc75smile:
Try Europe!

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #35,742 of 154,123
Ableza, you are common sense! There is no common sense in paiting another wall then your own. Better was a beautiful Tom Sawyer
I don't think I developed any sense until the Navy taught me to wise up or die. :)

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #35,743 of 154,123
Lebanon TN is a very nice town.
Hartmann has an outlet store there selling B-stock items.
You can acquire a leather briefcase for ~$300 vs. $700 for their first quality.

Anyone ever visited Nashville, Indiana? A delightful place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back