Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 27, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #35,611 of 154,166
I used to be addicted to 1st person shooters back in the Quake 3, Couterstrike, RTCW, etc... days. Now the only "game" I play is Gran Turismo Sport mainly because it actually helps with racing in real life (for me at least). However now that you can actually make some real $$$ gaming I've been considering getting back into it, I just don't know if I have the reflexes for it anymore...
Being a competitive gamer is some legit hard work.

Jul 27, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #35,612 of 154,166
Yoshi's had a good run, but the combination of the new SFJAZZ center having a lot to offer and the insane East Bay traffic has kept us away for the last several years, unfortunately. These days, besides SFJAZZ, Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz is getting a lot of the newer music. Some venues in the South Bay are also getting good music, like Cafe Stritch in San Jose. Even Stanford is getting into the act.

I believe JLS is still doing well, of course the SF venue has closed.

We are now looking for jazz (and other good music) venues near our new home in Chapel Hill, NC.

Jul 27, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #35,613 of 154,166
Areas around colleges always seem to be great for music, bars, and pizza. Probably in that order. There you might have some decent barbecue as well.

Jul 27, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #35,614 of 154,166
I used to be addicted to 1st person shooters back in the Quake 3, Couterstrike, RTCW, etc... days. Now the only "game" I play is Gran Turismo Sport mainly because it actually helps with racing in real life (for me at least). However now that you can actually make some real $$$ gaming I've been considering getting back into it, I just don't know if I have the reflexes for it anymore...

cMz92F2.gif

I can't believe you didn't mention the best FPS ever: Half-Life (and its sequels).

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #35,615 of 154,166
Have you seen "It Might Get Loud"?

I hesitate to revive the music movies thread, but I just noticed this morning that "It Might Get Loud" is now available for free streaming on Netflix. I don't know if that's a recent change, or my tivo just finally decided to index it, but when I looked a couple of weeks ago the cheapest source I could find was buying the DVD off amazon. Guess what's on my weekend watch-list?

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #35,616 of 154,166
I hesitate to revive the music movies thread, but I just noticed this morning that "It Might Get Loud" is now available for free streaming on Netflix. I don't know if that's a recent change, or my tivo just finally decided to index it, but when I looked a couple of weeks ago the cheapest source I could find was buying the DVD off amazon. Guess what's on my weekend watch-list?

Check out Sound City, too, if you haven't already. :metal:

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #35,617 of 154,166
Interesting. I guess I just naturally gravitated to the new storage media and have not touched a CD in a few years. My breakdown is probably 500 record albums, 500 music cd's, then 35,000 flac, alac, mp3, dsd etc. The last are just so much easier to get to and access in a small space.

Combining a collector mentality with a love of music… I have about 3000 albums, 800 CDs, 200 DVDs, and 3 TB of digital music. Oh, also, a couple of racks of cassettes, a box of reel-to-reels, and a handful of 8-tracks.

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #35,618 of 154,166
I will not get into the old stuff I own, I doubt seriously if I have the equipment to even listen to it anymore so it really should not count. Before there was 8 track, there was even 4 track.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #35,619 of 154,166
Hey all,

Don't pass out, but the Schiitr now has a phone number.

Yes, I know, we should have had one from the start. Yes, I know, we're idiots for not having one until now. But hey, as I've said, we aren't perfect, and sometimes it takes a while for things to sink in.

In this case, we finally realized that it would be a good thing to have a number, so people can call and see if we're open, and if we have stock. Makes sense, if you're going to make the trek up from LA. So the Schiitr now has a number. Now, this isn't to say that this is the number to go to for tech support (please submit at ticket at info@schiit.com) or to talk for days about what product might be best for your 1969 Arglebargle Odyyseon Premier Bass-Reflex Speakers (that you have modified now with different drivers and all-new crossovers), but it may save you a trip if we don't have what you're looking for in stock.

The number for the Schiitr? (661) 388-2257. It's posted on the website on the Schiitr page.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #35,620 of 154,166
That's Schittriffic!!!

Thanks!!

BTW -- So what number do we press to get you or Mike directly?? :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #35,622 of 154,166
And since you brought it up, if anyone wants to sell their 1969 Arglebargle Odyyseon Premier Bass-Reflex Speakers (that you have modified now with different drivers and all-new crossovers) I might be interested, but only if they are in blonde maple.

:wink:

Jul 27, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #35,623 of 154,166
Hey all,

Don't pass out, but the Schiitr now has a phone number.

Yes, I know, we should have had one from the start. Yes, I know, we're idiots for not having one until now. But hey, as I've said, we aren't perfect, and sometimes it takes a while for things to sink in.

In this case, we finally realized that it would be a good thing to have a number, so people can call and see if we're open, and if we have stock. Makes sense, if you're going to make the trek up from LA. So the Schiitr now has a number. Now, this isn't to say that this is the number to go to for tech support (please submit at ticket at info@schiit.com) or to talk for days about what product might be best for your 1969 Arglebargle Odyyseon Premier Bass-Reflex Speakers (that you have modified now with different drivers and all-new crossovers), but it may save you a trip if we don't have what you're looking for in stock.

The number for the Schiitr? (661) 388-2257. It's posted on the website on the Schiitr page.

All the best,
Jason

Cool. Now you just need a Schiitr out here in the Midwest. We have them new-fangled telephone things, too. Ahoy-hoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back