Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 25, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #35,491 of 153,741
Same county, different people, but to be honest I am not sure what one of the guys does. Since he cannot say I suspect Langley. That area is fascinating, FAA was in the county, on his first day on the job the new director faced 9/11, I want to say it used to be in Herndon but the headquarters got moved. My son now works in Herndon, not far from the Air and Space Museum.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #35,492 of 153,741
Actually Langley was the NSA hq though the cold war, it's not used, well the above ground facility anyway. :wink:

Now signals intel is everywhere, I watched a nondescript, very secure facility go up not 15 miles from my house in the last 2 years.
It's not on a large Gov reservation, it's kind of in the suburbs actually, and unusually secure considering it's location.
I know the deal, can't say how.

But this is not a private facility, just approach it once and find out :smirk:

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #35,493 of 153,741
Thanks for the offer, most of my advice comes from people not far from you in Virginia, I believe you know the area. They tend to use initials a lot.

Listening to Don't Fear the Reaper, as one upgrades, it is always nice to hear nuances in songs you know very well. The Freya is starting to open up a bit.

220px-The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_I_Robot.jpg
:L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #35,494 of 153,741
Wapo doesn't like my script blockers, Edge to the rescue.

Interesting, as Wapo is not a Trump friendly outfit usually.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #35,495 of 153,741
As much as I covet your M-22, I would not be able to do it justice with the complimentary electronics and speakers. It would find a more suitable home elsewhere where it could truly realize its full potential. (You have no idea how much it hurts me to type this.)

OK -- Schitt related.

As some of you may already know, my Lyr 3 is taking a trip to CA for service. That leaves me with my ole Magni 3 for now. Gotta tell you, it's sounding pretty darn good. I can see why Schiit says it may be all you need. An absolute steal for $99. I was considering selling it after I purchased the Lyr 3, but it's just too good to part with. I'll find good use for it on another system after my Lyr returns, but it will not be sold!!

I have the same problem, but with a twist (lime, naturally!). I have both Vali 2 and Magni 3 in addition to the Lyr 3, which is paired with Bifrost. My Lyr isn't going back for service, but my desk is currently inhabited by Modi 2 Uber and Magni 3. Problem is, I ADORE the darned Vali 2. Will probably keep both, in truth, but am thinking...

Jul 25, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #35,497 of 153,741
We are allies. I mean the largest non-defended international border has to count for something. I was stationed in Fairbanks and drove both ways through Canada (once western route and once east through Edmonton and Winnipeg. I work with Canadians all the time and just finished listening to Mike Myers outstanding audiobook "Canada" on audible.

And like I said you all gave us Deadpool. I've even been to Regina. And Crown Royal is the bomb.

Deliberate subject change: So does anyone think that Schiit will make a cd transport now that Oppo (Chinese owned) is gone?
Wasn't it Mike who dropped the CD transport grenade on us? Hope to heck so... Cambridge Audio has one of the few transports I've seen out there at the moment, right around 5 bills, iirc...

Jul 25, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #35,498 of 153,741
Steely Dan is probably my favorite non-classical group, not just because their stuff is well recorded, it's the music, never quite figured out how to categorize it but it's all good with me including the spinoffs, and aside from Zeppelin, my only complete collection of any non-classical music performers.
Oh yeah! Found their A Decade of Steely Dan CD at Goodwill yesterday for a buck ninety nine. Really Really GREAT STUFF. My local Goodwill has been a treasure trove lately.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #35,499 of 153,741
I find great CD treasures at garage/estate sales, and Goodwill and such.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #35,501 of 153,741
Jazz with a twist.

Album - Vanished Gardens

Artist - Charles Lloyd & The Marvels + Lucinda Williams

Listening to the album for the Nth time, got it the day it came out, as I do for anything led by Charles Lloyd, one of my favorite jazz leaders (so looking forward to his gig here in September!). He has a recent interview in "JazzTimes," where his warmth, wit, and humanity come through clearly. A short quote (I've sat a few feet from him at live gigs when he said similar things): "I’m an observer of the condition. By that time in the session, it had gotten very mystical. She’s a poet, and it got really out there. My longevity is probably because I follow my own bells. And I think you should serve missions rather than lead them."

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #35,502 of 153,741
Proof that Google knows me too well. I haven't ever been to or heard of this site. Every review for vidar and saga I see makes me wish I had ordered b stock when it was last available.

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/schiit-vidar-amplifier-2/

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/schiit-vidar-amplifier/

Google also gives me reading for audiosciencereview - man they hate on Schiit. To the point of mockery, which I haven't witnessed on their other reviews.

I will just have to stay the course and hope Vidar is in stock when the time comes. I was behind my garage on Sunday trimming hedges, and I noticed a gap between the slab and sill plate. Sure enough I could slide a rod in about 4- 5 inches. Mud jacking and retaining walls are now on the agenda. Schiit will have to wait...

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #35,503 of 153,741
Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #35,505 of 153,741
Anyone here who prefers the Lyr3 over the Asgard 2? And vice versa? Please pm me would like to know more on your thoughts. Ive not heard the asgard or anyother class A amp but im curious about how it stacks to a hybrid tube like the Lyr 3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back