Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 19, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #30,361 of 150,911
Schitt's most expensive product is Yggdrasil at $2400, which really isn't that much money in 2018. It's the same as $1000 in 1985 dollars. You really shouldn't need to finance that unless you're already up to your eyeballs in debt. You should be able to save that up in a month or two.

Mar 19, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #30,362 of 150,911
Alright let's stop that one right here, lest we get into a debate about income levels, class wars etc.

Everybody has different income situations.

But Schiit won't be financing - case closed.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #30,363 of 150,911
Schitt's most expensive product is Yggdrasil at $2400, which really isn't that much money in 2018. It's the same as $1000 in 1985 dollars. You really shouldn't need to finance that unless you're already up to your eyeballs in debt. You should be able to save that up in a month or two.

Money is all relative to the size of your paycheck. My household makes about the average median income for our area. Wages have increased way slower then the cost of living here, and we live in a cheap area. I made 9 dollars an hour at the local truck stop as a high school kid in 1998-2001. Today that same business pays 10.50 and all of the prices are now literally twice as high.

Yggy is out of reach for me unless I stopped improving my home (not likely), or until I finish paying off a decade worth of bad financial moves. Not that I'm complaining. About half my income goes to pay off monthly expenses and debt (house, car, aforementioned bad decisions, and I pay minimal interest.)

I would say, Saga, Vidar, Bimby are available to a wider range of people if they spend a few months saving for each. It's what I'll be doing.

Beautiful thing about Schiit, many tiers (price wise) of gear to save for.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #30,366 of 150,911
Someone just accused me in a PM of being condescending. I don’t know how to respond to that except to sound condescending. But I refuse to apologize for my experience, my education, or my attitude. All are hard fought for and earned by years of struggle, and I didn’t have any daddy’s money to help me. :)

I guess bottom line is if you don’t like my posts I can do nothing about that and you are free to ignore me.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #30,368 of 150,911
^^^
Now THAT is condescending!! :D

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #30,369 of 150,911
Someone just accused me in a PM of being condescending. I don’t know how to respond to that except to sound condescending. But I refuse to apologize for my experience, my education, or my attitude. All are hard fought for and earned by years of struggle, and I didn’t have any daddy’s money to help me. :)

I guess bottom line is if you don’t like my posts I can do nothing about that and you are free to ignore me.
I've never found you supercilious or imperious.:darthsmile:

You are the go to technical voice who dutifully answers some of the same questions over and over again....and you probably don't even own a cat.:)

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #30,370 of 150,911
@Ableza,

Sometimes folks skilled in the art of brevity and directness tend to come across as curt, snooty, high-and-mighty, cavalier, off-putting, proud, haughty, and yes, at times condescending. On the other-hand, despite being new here, I've never seen anything that would lead me to believe you are anything other than helpful, generous, accommodating, hospitable, neighborly, and unselfish.

Perhaps the PM'er was just having a bad day. We all have them every now and then. :-/

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #30,372 of 150,911

You gotta be kidding me?!?
0bbce7f480caddbf65f09edb7c363f6b--cute-cats-adorable-animals.jpg

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #30,373 of 150,911
On an unrelated matter (or maybe related -- who knows anymore)...

I just received a new high-end (for me, anyway) headphone cable (silver coated OFC and shield, Neutrik connectors, etc.) and realize that I spent the same for a cable as I did for my Magni 3. While I do not regret the purchase of the cable (more solid bass and more coherent / focused center stage image, more revealing of details I had not heard before, etc.), it just really drives the point home as to what a FREAKIN' DEAL Schiit equipment is -- especially the Magni 3. I may never listen to my 2-channel system again!! :D

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #30,374 of 150,911

I've actually thought about PM'ing you a couple of times with questions, figuring your knowledge, experience, and attitude would point me in the right direction. Thus far your responses to my noob posts have been on point.

Keep on being you.

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #30,375 of 150,911
On an unrelated matter (or maybe related -- who knows anymore)...

I just received a new high-end (for me, anyway) headphone cable (silver coated OFC and shield, Neutrik connectors, etc.) and realize that I spent the same for a cable as I did for my Magni 3. While I do not regret the purchase of the cable (more solid bass and more coherent / focused center stage image, more revealing of details I had not heard before, etc.), it just really drives the point home as to what a FREAKIN' DEAL Schiit equipment is -- especially the Magni 3. I may never listen to my 2-channel system again!! :D

Hey Ripper, did you get Eitr after having Mimby for awhile? Or did you buy it at the same time? Been wondering about that combo and what sound difference Eitr makes compared to the USB in Mimby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back