Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 4, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #28,082 of 150,614
Use RGB LEDs everywhere and put a couple(3) pots somewhere to tweak to your heart's content to get that absolutely perfect color (or lack thereof) for that point in time.

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #28,083 of 150,614
Red is good too. I have that weird Ford interior lighting thing on my '11 Mustang and quite often the instrumentation, door sills, cup holders and foot wells are red. Some times blue or green. A nice red light on some thing Schiit would be sweet.

I'm never in the dark with my Schiit, so I think the white led looks great. My silver dell monitors also have white power leds and it all matches pretty well. Then my keyboard, mouse and computer tower are a mix of rgb leds set to white and red.

About 14 years ago I built my first custom PC and back then blue LEDs were all the rage. I'll never forget the first night trying to sleep with that thing running, lighting up my bedroom like some kind of Sci fi strip club. Good times.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #28,084 of 150,614
Red is good too. I have that weird Ford interior lighting thing on my '11 Mustang and quite often the instrumentation, door sills, cup holders and foot wells are red. Some times blue or green. A nice red light on some thing Schiit would be sweet.

I thought when Ford launched that red interior lighting, it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Looks like the cockpit of a fighter jet.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #28,085 of 150,614
Having said that, may I please inquire as to how you like or dislike JRiver?

I use JRiver with the Sonarworks Plug-in. I have the Sonarworks Plug-in because they have an average calibration (in the dropdown) for the HD 700's. But I use it almost like iTunes (you can upload all your music from itunes into JRiver) I have my Marantz NA 7004 Music Server in my Family Room and my computer is in my office on the other side of the house and by DLNA I am able to get 24bit/96kHz from my Marantz by selecting that in the output settings in JRiver.

I hope this helps.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #28,087 of 150,614
I thought when Ford launched that red interior lighting, it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Looks like the cockpit of a fighter jet.

I had a 1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo that was black with red stripes and a black interior. I took out the dash, removed all the old tiny incandescent bulbs behind the gauges and replaced them with red LED bulbs, it looked amazing. I still miss driving that car on rainy nights. I also built a new engine for it with forged internals, custom head, custom intake/exhaust and a big precision turbo. She made more HP per ton than a Hellcat, all on the front wheels....

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #28,088 of 150,614

Hehe I'm in and out of a lot of Mustangs and I always change the mycolor to purple or green depending on what color it was...

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #28,089 of 150,614
Aaaaagh! Those two Marantz, especially so the white (silver?) one...Such beauty! Sublime. Aesthetically superb! I like Emotiva for their looks too, especially so the blue lights in the dark. Those Marantz are gorgeous. The Denon is nice too but needs some sort of informational read out reddish lighting to offset the stylistic austerity.

I've been up since 2 a.m. doing my P.T. on my stooopid leg and seeing those two Marantz players makes me want to own one because of their looks alone. But the frugal side of me gives me pause to consider an Emotiva ER3 and a Schiit Valhalla 2 combination.

schiit-valhalla-2-amplificateur-casque-a-lampes-zero-feedback.jpg

798705-emotiva-erc3-cdtransport.jpg

Tube-toad and single box CD paradise made kinda sorta affordable? Those two, in the dark, playing Matt Monroe's "From Russia with Love"?

But my older brother comes first and he is a far more "critical" type of listener than I ever have been. Or course any one is when compared to me. But being a superficial amphibian, I like certain looks. Those Marantz players are sooooo neato!

I have my 400, 300 & 200 disc Sony Mega Changers but only the 300 is full. I get these players used and then give them to friends who have largish CD collections but for now, I am keeping those three. This is my most used single box player, a Pioneer Elite DV-37. Not nearly as sweet looking as those Marantz units.
1069540-pioneer-elite-dv37-dvdtransport1000-new.jpg

I am also a fan of Accuphase equipment, especially their current line of Integrated Amps (VU Meters!)but admire their CD players too.
dp-950_r.jpg

Accuphase DP-950. Beautiful but not so much from the rear. The ER3 is better equipped on the back side. I think.

Post script - Just checked and the Valhalla 2 is available in Schwarz finish. Hmmm...That would match either the DV-37 or a new Emotiva ERC-3. Nope. Not gonna do it. Would not be prudent. Stay the course...Thousand points of light. Brother comes first.
Maybe you can find some of those devices defective and therefore real cheap. Just for decoration, you know? Though the lights have to work, of course.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #28,090 of 150,614
@OldRoadToad

I keep laughing when you call yourself cheap. You know you're not cheap, you may be froogle with yourself, which is a trait I admire and adhere to, but you're not cheap.

It says a lot about you being self deprecating while being very generous in words and gifts to others.

Happy New Year!

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #28,091 of 150,614
Serious question:

What pen is in the Magni/Modi pic leaning on both of them?

Apologies if this has been answered previously, but it's a Conklin Crescent-Filler (sometimes referred to as the Mark Twain, since he was a famous proponent of this "profanity saving" pen (since the crescent serves as a roll-stopper so the darn thing won't roll of your desk...). Available lotsa places, around 150ish IIRC.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #28,092 of 150,614
@OldRoadToad

I keep laughing when you call yourself cheap. You know you're not cheap, you may be froogle with yourself, which is a trait I admire and adhere to, but you're not cheap.

It says a lot about you being self deprecating while being very generous in words and gifts to others.

Happy New Year!
Spot on, mate! You got the Toadster pegged.
Cheers from Tennessee,
RCB

Jan 4, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #28,093 of 150,614
Schiit will just have to manage or come up with something new that I can not avoid buying because I really, really want it. Doesn't seem to be anything in the works for me from what I read. Since I started at the top with Yggdrasil and Ragnarok and MJ-2 I have no "upgrade-itis" keeping me awake at night.

Besides this months disposable income is tied up in steam distilled water for the humidifier and snow removal related expenditures for Advil, ice packs, heating pads, doctors visits for back, knee and shoulder pains, etc.. I like snow but this every 3 day craap is beyond getting old already.

May I borrow some of your snow for our Colorado mountains? I'm tired of looking at brown peaks, not white. My ski legs are going nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back