Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 4, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #27,212 of 149,366
Dec 4, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #27,213 of 149,366
It is now December and still no sign of SOL turntable becomes available to publc. Wondering if it is definitely coming soon or is it just prototype they gave a try and now it might not going to happen..... Does anyone have any update on SOL?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-385#post-13881116
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-385#post-13884285

EDIT: Looks like I got beat :)
pipped while getting links, oh well :triportsad:

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #27,215 of 149,366
Jason did also say other than new LISST possibly there aren't any other launches before New Year anyway so that should answer your question.

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #27,218 of 149,366
If SOL is (Subjective ALERT!) affordable and attractive to me, then I shall likely wind up with an 8th turntable. If not, I am certain it will sell well enough that Mike and Jason will not have night mares involving a tide of tiny toads storming Castle Schiit waving flaming VU Meters and screaming "Blücher!!!!" at the top of their toadish lungs.

But you never know.. My minions await my bidding...
iu

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #27,219 of 149,366
If SOL is (Subjective ALERT!) affordable and attractive to me, then I shall likely wind up with an 8th turntable. If not, I am certain it will sell well enough that Mike and Jason will not have night mares involving a tide of tiny toads storming Castle Schiit waving flaming VU Meters and screaming "Blücher!!!!" at the top of their toadish lungs.

iu

@Pietro Cozzi Tinin, It would appear you are not Uncle ORT's only nephew.

It could be a long wait for your presents....

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #27,220 of 149,366
@Jason Stoddard and @Baldr ,

I'm hoping that the wildfire approaching Santa Clarita doesn't affect you or any of your staff or your families. Stay safe and out of the way, if at all possible!

All the best. A good friend & colleague of my wife has already had to evacuate in Ventura to get out of the way of the fire there. Having been through a similar situation in Northern California earlier this fall, I feel for you!

--Ned

Dec 5, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #27,222 of 149,366
I just hope they have hired an actual mechanical engineer to help design and analyze the SOL prototype.
Of course not.
Like all Schiit gear they pull the first moron they see from the street to do just that.
What do you think?

Dec 5, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #27,223 of 149,366

iu

Since the Freya is on it's way to me I only need socks this year.
Can I get them in different colours?

Dec 5, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #27,224 of 149,366
If you could see the machine work Conrad Hoffman (if I spelled it correctly) does you would be humbled! End of story.

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #27,225 of 149,366
It's rare for the main broadsheet to have any article on audio that's worth highlighting. Often the (very occasional) articles cover audiophools spending big bucks, sometimes in tiny listening spaces. Recently there's been some coverage on the renaissance of vinyl.

To my surprise, today's edition had coverage of the Magni 3! http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/audio/st-digitals-holiday-gadget-gift-guide-for-audiophiles

(You can see how USD exchange rate and shipping affects our street price for audio gear. )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back