Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. FrivolsListener
    They list the price twice as high as it is. Maybe they believed that $99 was a typo? EDIT: Or thatt's the exchange rate? Wow.

2. jimmers
    Exchange rate plus 50 percent, here it's exchange rate plus 60 percent (but including tax and delivery); that's based on the Schiit site price, which I don't think includes taxes as USA seems to have different taxes by state, city etc.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  3. T1YggCrackPi
    My guess of the listed price is taken from one of Schiit's distributor in Singapore - SLT Technologies Pte Ltd. They list on Lazada locally @ $199. http://www.schiit.com/places/distributors

I do get minuscule savings ordering direct from the US, e.g. Loki Mini. Of course i hope the Schiit product doesn't break down, shipping will cost quite a lot for heftier weighty Schiit builds like the Yggy.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. wink
    Yep, they start small.....
    Six months later you get these...
    [​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]..[​IMG]

5. wink
    ...and a good partner for Costanza......:ksc75smile:
    [​IMG]

OldRoadToad and US Blues like this.
  6. Pete-FIN
    Jason, since you asked I'm gonna take the liberty to suggest, that you guys make an integrated amplifier with power amp input, and obviously make the input remote selectable. Just to give you an idea I modified picture of Ragnarok:
    [​IMG]
    I think this would satisfy people with needs to connect AV receiver to stereo set up. And I think it would be very interesting to see 'no compromises integrated amplifier' from Schiit. In your product line up there is only one integrated, and it has no remote function, so maybe it would be a good idea to make a new one with more functions.

OldRoadToad likes this.
  7. haibrands
    LOL amazing

8. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I know someone has it al adapted to .pdf.
    Anybody know where I can find this?

9. Jason Stoddard
    Just a quick note: I'll be starting the end of the year wrap later this week, or maybe next. I'm dividing it into three parts, since (a) a lot has been going on behind the scenes) and (b) I'm kinda lazy, so breaking it up makes it look like I did more work. So, you'll soon have end-of-2017 chapters on What We Did Right, What We Did Wrong, and Where We're Going.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
    mtkupp, Khalaris, barondla and 13 others like this.
  10. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Ah, be sure to include a picture of the whole team in the last chapter.
    Would be fun to see faces behind the names yes?

11. Zadok
    Trade secret #23: never reveal your schiit

barondla likes this.
  12. 45longcolt
    Flashing back to The Firesign Theater; "Everything You Know is Wrong." Bet Jason knows that record.

And if you get a breather in 2018, please revisit the idea of a Loki Maxi. You would get the balanced in/out crowd. (And they can spend more, so you can move up in case size.) My wish is for eight frequency adjustments. Ideally, separate for each channel. Yes, sixteen knobs (a new Schiit record.) And a balance control, since you won't put one on the Rag or Freya.

In the meantime, stay safe and have a Merry Christmas.

wink, US Blues and Pandahead like this.
  13. US Blues
    +1 Balance control a MUST.

KoshNaranek likes this.
  14. wout31
    Contacted the distributor and sent the Freya and both Vidar's.
    Only answer on return: everything works fine.
    No further explanation, no measurement reports, no explanation th Vidar's went into clipping on 2V input. NOTHING.
    Very disappointing result for all the effort and cost of shipping I put into it.

15. ScottFree