Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 14, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #26,597 of 150,730
My bubble has burst from the start. Delft has a population density of 4453/sq Km and my county in ID has 10/sq. Km. I can't see a Schiiter springing up here anytime soon. How about a traveling Schiiter? A large bus that winds it's way across countries showing off all the good Schiit.
Down here on Oz we have tons of 'em......:ksc75smile:
source.gif

portaloo_4983754_GIFSoup.com_.gif

HTTP3d3dy5mcmVlcmFuZ2VkZXNpZ25zLmNvLnVrL21lZGlhL2hlbGxvc2xpZGVfY29tcG9zdGluZzIvcG9ydGFsb28uZ2lm.gif

tumblr_nnudodOHaC1stwd9bo1_500.gif
Ooops... wrong edifice.....

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-14_19-0-28.jpeg
    upload_2017-11-14_19-0-28.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #26,598 of 150,730
upload_2017-11-14_6-32-23.png

I think the Schiit metaphors may have jumped the shark.

LOL! I was thinking trailer door, I didn't notice the double entendre until you mentioned it.

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #26,599 of 150,730
Hey all,

I didn't realize how messed up we were with respect to customer service until we put in Zendesk a few days ago. Having up to 4-5 people in a communications loop and management of inquiries via inbox simply was becoming unsustainable. Now, with literally just a few days under our belts, things are getting better. I mentioned that everyone seems to like the new system. It seems our customers do, too.

Here's one example:

"I emailed Sunday night, not expecting a response, but just to get in the queue for Monday. To my surprise, Tom replied back shortly after I sent the email. He asked some troubleshooting questions, which I tried and emailed back with the results. After a couple of exchanges with Tom, I also got a reply from Nick, suggesting that I check the “muted” check box in the Audio MIDI Setup on my iMac. It was indeed checked “on” and unchecking it restored the audio output on the Gumby. I was not even aware that it was even possible to mute the output to a DAC.

Within a couple of hours of my email, my issue was resolved. This level of support was unexpected, but it greatly appreciated!"​

And another:

"I would like to thank the thank the support team at Schitt Audio (Notably Tom E & Nick T) for all the great help getting my Schitt stack back up and running after my iMac update to High Sierra. Sierra and High Sierra seem to do something to the functionality of the MODI 2 to unuseable. After multiple emails, they worked through the problem with me and got my system back up and running. I am STOKED to have all my music back and I am STOKED to have your team backing me. Great Job!!!!"
This was literally one of the easiest deployments, ever. It seems like we needed a system like this. Next step will be bringing in the orders@schiit.com email (since support and orders frequently interact).

Apologies if you've had trouble with dropped emails, etc in the past. If you have, try them again. And I'll see how we can continue to get better.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #26,601 of 150,730
Hey all,

I didn't realize how messed up we were with respect to customer service until we put in Zendesk a few days ago. Having up to 4-5 people in a communications loop and management of inquiries via inbox simply was becoming unsustainable. Now, with literally just a few days under our belts, things are getting better. I mentioned that everyone seems to like the new system. It seems our customers do, too.

Here's one example:

"I emailed Sunday night, not expecting a response, but just to get in the queue for Monday. To my surprise, Tom replied back shortly after I sent the email. He asked some troubleshooting questions, which I tried and emailed back with the results. After a couple of exchanges with Tom, I also got a reply from Nick, suggesting that I check the “muted” check box in the Audio MIDI Setup on my iMac. It was indeed checked “on” and unchecking it restored the audio output on the Gumby. I was not even aware that it was even possible to mute the output to a DAC.

Within a couple of hours of my email, my issue was resolved. This level of support was unexpected, but it greatly appreciated!"​

And another:

"I would like to thank the thank the support team at Schitt Audio (Notably Tom E & Nick T) for all the great help getting my Schitt stack back up and running after my iMac update to High Sierra. Sierra and High Sierra seem to do something to the functionality of the MODI 2 to unuseable. After multiple emails, they worked through the problem with me and got my system back up and running. I am STOKED to have all my music back and I am STOKED to have your team backing me. Great Job!!!!"
This was literally one of the easiest deployments, ever. It seems like we needed a system like this. Next step will be bringing in the orders@schiit.com email (since support and orders frequently interact).

Apologies if you've had trouble with dropped emails, etc in the past. If you have, try them again. And I'll see how we can continue to get better.

All the best,
Jason
Congrats on the positive outcome to your trial Jason. ZenDesk seems like a pretty cool suite with some great add-on potential for the future, like live Chat etc.

EDIT: If/when you ever want to go there of course :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #26,602 of 150,730
Whoa, whoa, whoa there Europe, and, by that, I am including GB. Before the second and especially third ****tr open across the pond, let's not forget the right coast. After all, I would have to travel 3000 miles to the Shiitr CA, so you can make a short jaunt to the mainland. But when it does become the time, Liverpool seems appropriate.
It takes me less than two hours from the center marketplace of Delft to Trafalgar Square London.
And to my knowledge, quit a few people have regrets of their brexit votes.
London would be a great place for a Schiitr but it would be isolated from the European market.
A shame really. I do like London very much.

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #26,604 of 150,730
Hey all,

I didn't realize how messed up we were with respect to customer service until we put in Zendesk a few days ago.
Don't degrade yourselves.
I think that if there even is a mess, it looks more messed up on your side of the fence.
It's a side effect of your perfectionist view on making this work.
You're scoring good in the general consensus so relax.
Now it even gets better so relax more.
The company, it's goals and methods are great examples of how it should be done.
I wouldn't be surprised if at some point you will literary be schoolbook examples for some economics course.
I can't think of any other company so transparent and in contact with their costumers.
The downside is some people who see this as an invitation to stick their noses in everything, even design planning.
But even that is under control by a nice and humorously way of responding to that.
You're doing great.
(Can my uncle Toad get a discount for the Freya he is going to give me for Christmas?)

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #26,605 of 150,730
I imagine the Schiit European territory may be re-drawn after March 2019 ... worst case, there may be customs tariffs on imports from the UK and the Dutch distributor might well benefit.

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #26,607 of 150,730

With the new Touchbar Macs, this is surprisingly easy to do accidentally because the mute key is on the far right side just above the Delete key, so I often hit it instead of Delete. And the icon design is surprisingly ambiguous too so it's not easy to tell whether the output is muted or not. (There's always a slash through the speaker icon, and it's the presence or absence of soundwaves coming out of it that tells you whether it's muted. Come on Apple ...) Anyway, congrats on the easy rollout of the helpdesk software!

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #26,608 of 150,730
Hey all,

Here's one example:

And another:

All the best,
Jason

You probably want an entire manufacturing methodolgy like Lean Six Sigma implemented now too, instead of waiting until you're huge and it's painful.

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #26,609 of 150,730
You probably want an entire manufacturing methodolgy like Lean Six Sigma implemented now too, instead of waiting until you're huge and it's painful.
You don't have to be huge for that to be painful - nor necessarily productive. :)

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #26,610 of 150,730
Don’t get me started on Brexit. All I will say is it shows the stupidity of the 21st century voter. Those who voted leave were mislead by the leave campaign, and by the press that supported leave. I only hope that a mutually beneficial agreement can be made between ourselves and our friends in the EU.

Hey ho....

BTW this Neil Finn live CD I picked up at the weekend sounds fantastic through Saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back