Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 8, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #26,326 of 152,800
If there ever is Schiit CD player, can it please have a loading tray. I don’t like slot loaders!

Agreed. And a top loader kinda limits where it can go in a rack or shelving arrangement.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #26,327 of 152,800
If there ever is Schiit CD player, can it please have a loading tray. I don’t like slot loaders!

I don't want to get in a discussion about sound quality, but you can get a Sony player / transport for $35.00. ( With loading tray. )

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #26,328 of 152,800
Top loader, front slots, yadda yadda... You people should know better.

This is Schiit, folks. The CD slot will be at the BACK of the player/transport/whatever. Duh.

Cue a new set of puns and jokes about stuff being ejected from (insert Norse god's name here)'s behind...

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #26,332 of 152,800
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 8, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #26,333 of 152,800
I just noticed your tube compliment in your cronus.

I also use the cifte pre-amp tube. Very interested in how this sounds long term.

I've been running the Saga with the Cronus for about half a year now. With the exception of a few questionable tube-rolls, I've been pretty happy with the sound.

The Cifte has the most 3D-like, spacious, micro-detailed, and outright fun sound I've heard. I keep rolling ... but the Cifte always ends up back in. If it had the mids of a CEI or Mullard, it'd be perfection.

Mention "12A-7" and "audiophile" in the same sentence

Phew! Thank goodness Brubacca and I didn't use the "A-Word" in our posts!

I don't consider myself an "A-Word" at all. I enjoy reading Steve Guttenberg articles. I appreciate "fun" and "colorful" sound. I love rolling tubes. 12A-7s, 6S-7s, KTs, ELs, doesn't matter ... they're all tubes to me! At most, I'm an "audio enthusiast," but mostly just nerd.

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #26,334 of 152,800
Ack, never mind! I forgot the bandwidth limitation of SPDIF :disappointed:

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #26,336 of 152,800
I accidentally sent Dolby to the Mimby yesterday. That was ... interesting. Not as bad as DTS, but nothing I'd sit down and listen to! :laughing:

I understand the previously stated stance on Dolby ... but a Saga or Freya supporting 5.1 - 7.2 analog, and a Bimby (or higher, Mimby chassis too smal) with support for PCM multi channel would be cool.

The Witcher 3 has amazing audio, and almost all of my games are PCM multi-channel output.

EDIT: Yes ... I use my Saga / tube amp for gaming, television, movies, and everything else under the sun. My AV Receiver is just an HDMI switch at this point ... except for the rare occasion when I really need surround sound.

Mike's Angstrom processors were terrific. You can be sure that if Schiit wanted to get into multi-channel audio Mike has the chops to do it right.

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #26,337 of 152,800
If someday Schiit decides to make a digital source, I really really hope they choose to aim at a network player instead of a CD transport.

Yes, I remember Jason wrote a chapter where he said a streamer is a "no, forget about that" for Schiit. But in this page we are telling Santa what we would like for xmas.

I can't see a single reason to spend time and money developing such an obsolete device (CD transport). Now, a lot of you are going to say "But Schiit is making a turntable, which is 1000000 times more obsolete than a CD transport", yeah... but a TT has that particular sound that many living dinosaurs :D still enjoy, whereas, when it comes to sound quality, what's the advantage of a CD transport over a NP (filled with lossless files)?

Having a device with all your music collection at your fingertips is beyond awesome, IMHO.

I'd love to have a design that matches the rest of my Schiit, with that unbeatable performance/cost ratio Schiit is known for.

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #26,338 of 152,800
Mike's Angstrom processors were terrific. You can be sure that if Schiit wanted to get into multi-channel audio Mike has the chops to do it right.

I had a brain fart and forgot about the bandwidth limitations.

Nov 8, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #26,340 of 152,800
If someday Schiit decides to make a digital source, I really really hope they choose to aim at a network player instead of a CD transport.

Yes, I remember Jason wrote a chapter where he said a streamer is a "no, forget about that" for Schiit. But in this page we are telling Santa what we would like for xmas.

I can't see a single reason to spend time and money developing such an obsolete device (CD transport). Now, a lot of you are going to say "But Schiit is making a turntable, which is 1000000 times more obsolete than a CD transport", yeah... but a TT has that particular sound that many living dinosaurs :D still enjoy, whereas, when it comes to sound quality, what's the advantage of a CD transport over a NP (filled with lossless files)?

Having a device with all your music collection at your fingertips is beyond awesome, IMHO.

I'd love to have a design that matches the rest of my Schiit, with that unbeatable performance/cost ratio Schiit is known for.
A laptop and JRiver make an excellent network player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back