Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 9, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #25,457 of 155,191
Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #25,459 of 155,191
Have you seen a recent photo of Kurt Russell?

Well, the "Sewer Monster" character hasn't aged a bit and he's stoked for a sequel.
upload_2017-10-9_11-26-29.jpeg

I chuckle whenever I watch this movie, great fun.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #25,462 of 155,191
Which is why he is on my ignore list. And hopefully I am on his. :L3000:
The ignore feature certainly could be helpful I spose. That said, I agree with Cozzi's previous sentiments on this...Blind Squirrel, etc.

Besides...there's too much humor that I'd miss! :chipmunk:

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #25,463 of 155,191
The ignore feature certainly could be helpful I spose. That said, I agree with Cozzi's previous sentiments on this...Blind Squirrel, etc.

Besides...there's too much humor that I'd miss! :chipmunk:

I have not personally used the ignore feature. I think that the site needs to remain polite and tolerable without it.

I try not to say anything here that I wouldn't say face to face. That said, I can be pretty blunt face to face.

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #25,464 of 155,191
I have not personally used the ignore feature. I think that the site needs to remain polite and tolerable without it.

I try not to say anything here that I wouldn't say face to face. That said, I can be pretty blunt face to face.
Oh, me too, I never post anything I would not say t a person's face, which is why someone got their panties in a knot over me telling them not to get their panties in a knot. :) It's just easier to avoid misunderstandings for me to ignore certain posters.

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #25,465 of 155,191
Oh, me too, I never post anything I would not say t a person's face, which is why someone got their panties in a knot over me telling them not to get their panties in a knot. :) It's just easier to avoid misunderstandings for me to ignore certain posters.
Okay, true confession time: I have a rule set on my email inbox that all emails from my division chief go right to trash.

It really improves the signal to noise ratio.

Oct 9, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #25,466 of 155,191
This news entry about the Gadget just appeared on Schiit's website:
http://www.schiit.com/news/news/schiit-previews-the-gadget

Schiit Audio said:
The Gadget being previewed at RMAF is a single-purpose, digital-in and digital-out device. Commercially available versions with multiple inputs are expected to be available in Q1 2017 at a cost of about $200.

Sounds like it won't come out until January at the earliest...

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #25,467 of 155,191
And I was countering your opinion as those JJ tubes are not very good. Yes, they are one of the best 6922 tubes in current production. But that does not make them good or magical. The better NOS 6922 tubes will always sound better than the new production tubes as will just about any of the NOS 5670 tubes. None of that is really an opinion...it is fact. New production 6922 tubes aren't great....fact!

I think you mean to say: "my opinion"

+1. I always am suspicious when anyone uses the term fact on any subject or that they absolutely know all there is to know about whatever subject they talk about.. Mainly because in order for e.g winders to make such an opinion, oh crap I'm sorry FACT, he would have to have tested every single 6922 or 5760 tube whether it be NOS or Brand New tubes in the ENTIRE world. Now if he can provide proof that he is such an audiophile tubephile superman and that he has done so then fine. But until then as in many things

KFba2sR.jpg

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #25,468 of 155,191
@Jason Stoddard & @Baldr. In the news text "Schiit previews the Gadget" you mention Q1 of 2017.
I think you mean Q1 2018
And Mike and you (and it is copied by all your fans on this forum) state that the concert pitch goes from A=440Hz to C-256Hz
This is not the right way to describe it because you only have to name the A under middle C
In absolute professional orchestra terms this should be: A=440Hz to A=432Hz
Otherwise you're saying that ie the A string under middle C gets tuned to 256Hz. So A=440Hz to A=256Hz.
And that's not what you want.
Since everyone on this forum took over your descriptions it would be nice to use the right one.
Strictly speaking its: A432 corresponds with C=256.87 and C=256 produces A=430.54.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #25,469 of 155,191
Someone is missing the boat bro. To each their own I suppose. The JJ's, and Tesla , are about as bad as it gets imo. Lol
There is NOTHING magical about JJ E88CC tubes! There are at least 2 dozen better NOS tubes out there. Just about the entire 5670 tube family (using an adapter) is better too. In fact, the 5670 tubes are better than almost all the 6922 tube family.

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #25,470 of 155,191
for e.g winders to make such an opinion, oh crap I'm sorry FACT, he would have to have tested every single 6922 or 5760 tube whether it be NOS or Brand New tubes in the ENTIRE world. Now if he can provide proof that he is such an audiophile tubephile superman and that he has done so then fine. But until then as in many things

Even if he does what you describe he can only state subjective opinions.
Every other doing the same tests can have a complete other opinion.
I use GE5670 tubes with custom 6922 adapters on my Mjolnir2.
@winders learned that from me by the way.
It's the best sound I ever heard in my cans.

But @winders is so COOL when he makes such strong statements.
That's where the butterflies in my belly come from.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back