Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 18, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #24,391 of 151,517
Ok, thanks that's good to know. Do you know if the amp itself causes the noise, or if it is amplifying noise from the preamp? I don't have the speaker manual with me anymore, but it was 94 db I think. It's the discontinued Klipsch Palladium.

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #24,392 of 151,517
Any sonic advantages running two Vidars? My search isn't turning out much useful info. I have a 93 db/watt speaker, so I probably only use 10 watts max. Is it just more power or are there slight audible improvement in sound quality?

I have 98dB 2.83V@1m (95dB at 1 watt) efficient speakers and I can run them well past way too loud with a 30 wpc Class A amp. One Vidar is enough for your speakers!

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #24,393 of 151,517
I have 98dB 2.83V@1m (95dB at 1 watt) efficient speakers and I can run them well past way too loud with a 30 wpc Class A amp. One Vidar is enough for your speakers!

I was just wondering if others heard some sonic benefits running the amp as monoblocks besides more volume. I listen at around 80 db so I probably only use 2 - 8 watts at most.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #24,397 of 151,517
...and I have no idea why he posts here, his "I like to listen to music" declaration notwithstanding, if he has no Schiit products and it appears never plans to buy any since Schiit clearly isn't changing designs any time soon.....

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #24,401 of 151,517
...and I have no idea why he posts here, his "I like to listen to music" deceleration notwithstanding, if he has no Schiit products and it appears never plans to buy any since Schiit clearly isn't changing designs any time soon.....
Don't be daft.
As one of our resident philosophers @OldRoadToad is more than welcome.
Read and you may learn something.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #24,402 of 151,517
If I understand Vidar's design (and it's very possible I don't) it is essentially a dual balanced monaural amp which is like two separate amps. I don't think Jason would design an amp that needed two to image well

You do understand, mostly. A true dual mono amp, like my Pioneer M-22, has separate transformers for each channel. Vidar does not so it is dual mono back to the transformer. Vidar is a trick amp especially within its price range. It's bass is outstanding even well outside its price class.

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #24,403 of 151,517
Don't be daft.
As one of our resident philosophers @OldRoadToad is more than welcome.
Read and you may learn something.

I do read......and I have learned that I wish there were less "philosophy" and more relevant content from you and OldRoadToad.

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #24,404 of 151,517
I do read......and I have learned that I wish there were less "philosophy" and more relevant content from you and OldRoadToad.
Oh but nobody could be as relevant as you are so why bother.
Your iron fist and impeccable knowledge rule the forums Oh Enlightened One.......

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #24,405 of 151,517
...and I have no idea why he posts here, his "I like to listen to music" declaration notwithstanding, if he has no Schiit products and it appears never plans to buy any since Schiit clearly isn't changing designs any time soon.....
It is very important to have people come in and disturb the circle-jerk once in a while.
If nobody does it is only a matter of time before you start camping outside the Schiitr when they hint at a new release like some sad-ass Jobs-minion.
When you are at the point where you can no longer tolerate critisism on something you didn`t even make yourself....it`s time to quit.
You are no longer thinking for yourself and have officially become a circle-jerking-logo-minion.
So let the man vent! Poor guy still can`t buy Shiitty VU-meters! Imagine his heartbreak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back