Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 21, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #23,716 of 153,372
Hey Shiit Audio, Hey Jason and Mike.

I know you guys want to play around with a bunch of crazy ideas. How hard would it be to design and build the worlds first digital pickup, with RIAA, high pass in DSP and more!

I am envisioning an adc, integrated within millimeters of the engine. Skip all that noisy analog stuff. Optical connection.

Think of the .... hype!

ELP has been around for awhile.
http://elpj.com/

There's also this "optical carriage"

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/ds-audio-ds-w1-nightrider-optical-cartridge/

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #23,717 of 153,372
It`s not Schiit he was scared by.
Sonority is a dutch audio import/retail company and they hold his cash at the moment.
So if they go legs up....poofff...and it`s gone!

But they most likely won`t :)
Add to that:
No reply on email
No updates on delivery dates
I'm still not very confident.

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #23,719 of 153,372
Add to that:
No reply on email

NO SWEAT!!!!!
I did send a an email just yet at Melinda and got an answer in 18 minutes from Dennis the owner.
Their website was changed this morning and not all DSM servers got the message.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #23,720 of 153,372
Add to that:
No reply on email

They update the delivery date the night before the old one expires(the 29th in this case). Or that was the M.O. when I was waiting for Jotunheim.
No reply on email would be weird indeed. Melinda was always awnsering email, even late nights in the weekend.
Didn`t they close for a summerholiday? Maybe they are so backed up it just takes longer to awnser.
Or maybe Melinda got sick and no-one else knows how to work the internet...happens more often than one would expect.

edit: sorry, completely missed Pietros post

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #23,721 of 153,372
They update the delivery date the night before the old one expires(the 29th in this case). Or that was the M.O. when I was waiting for Jotunheim.
No reply on email would be weird indeed. Melinda was always awnsering email, even late nights in the weekend.
Didn`t they close for a summerholiday? Maybe they are so backed up it just takes longer to awnser.
Or maybe Melinda got sick and no-one else knows how to work the internet...happens more often than one would expect.

Melinda is relocating and working from 07:00h to 00:00h
Her boss, owner Dennis van Dorp just mailed me to ask for @wout31 's email address so he could sort things out with due haste.
I PM'd @wout31 for this.
Wow, how about being ambassador Mr. Schiit for The Netherlands?

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #23,722 of 153,372
NO SWEAT!!!!!
I did send a an email just yet at Melinda and got an answer in 18 minutes from Dennis the owner.
Their website was changed this morning and not all DSM servers got the message.

First :
The message come to us that Wout31 dont hear something from us,and is scared that we are gone or something :) !
so i feel the need to specify this..or stories going from left to right ..

in the morning they change our server to faster Cpu and there was a setting wrong ,so our site was some time not available.
so we have now a faster site,i think much better for our custumors :wink:

second:
and about the order of Wout,i look to it:

On August 17, 2017 at 19:57

Wout ask: Is the delivery date of the Vidar already specified?

August 17, 2017 at 22:19
Melinda answers: Dear jos,

No not yet specific, the Eitr will be coming next week, the Vidar will follow soon.

Kind regards,
Melinda

so Melinda respond in a very fast time (in the evening),and wout needs to wait for our new stock.
so wout,that is the last contact we have with you!

so i hope all is clear now :)

Best regards
Dennis
Sonority Audio

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #23,723 of 153,372
First :
The message come to us that Wout31 dont hear something from us,and is scared that we are gone or something :) !
so i feel the need to specify this..or stories going from left to right ..

in the morning they change our server to faster Cpu and there was a setting wrong ,so our site was some time not available.
so we have now a faster site,i think much better for our custumors :wink:

second:
and about the order of Wout,i look to it:

On August 17, 2017 at 19:57

Wout ask: Is the delivery date of the Vidar already specified?

August 17, 2017 at 22:19
Melinda answers: Dear jos,

No not yet specific, the Eitr will be coming next week, the Vidar will follow soon.

Kind regards,
Melinda

so Melinda respond in a very fast time (in the evening),and wout needs to wait for our new stock.
so wout,that is the last contact we have with you!

so i hope all is clear now :)

Best regards
Dennis
Sonority Audio
Congrats with the new server! The site seems more responsive indeed.

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #23,726 of 153,372
Checked my email box, but no mail from Sonority there, sorry. Last mail is from January 25th 2017. Nothing after that and I use a very common email provider.
Glad everything is OK and it was just a DNS webserver glitch.
I apologise if I made too much trouble.

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #23,727 of 153,372
Checked my email box, but no mail from Sonority there, sorry. Last mail is from January 25th 2017. Nothing after that and I use a very common email provider.
You did and now you have to bring Koekies on the Schiit-Meet here in the Netherlands.

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #23,728 of 153,372
You did and now you have to bring Koekies on the Schiit-Meet here in the Netherlands.

Hahaha, I was wondering what is Koekies until I google it.

I have never for a moment doubted Schiit Audio's ability to respond to customers' queries and concerns in a timely manner, even though I bought my Schiit gear from a Schiit authorised dealer here in Sydney. Even the dealer is very friendly and professional.

I'm a late adopter of Schiit's products but I'm really fascinated with the sound quality of Yggdrasil and Ragnarok and reading this thread, just reinforced my perception of Schiit Audio's professionalism and that of their appointed authorised dealers. I'm more than pleased.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #23,729 of 153,372

Hello wout,
check your unwanted mail,maybe it is in that folder . :wink:

iam sure Melinda send a mail and if it is not received by your mail,we get the mail back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back