Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #19,126 of 149,546
Quote:
  There is no truntable at the Schiitr yet.  Perhaps that is the source of confusion.  Mike was the host there a few days back.

Yes, that was what I thought, too (as a possible explanation).
And these must be the posts:

I wonder if you have taken my advice, and are prepared to spin some vinyl??

Mike's reply:

Originally Posted by Baldr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No TT set up there as of YET.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #19,128 of 149,546
  Wow, some of you guys need to switch to a decaffeinated brand. 

Or green tea (1/5 the caffeine). 
wink_face.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #19,129 of 149,546
  There is no truntable at the Schiitr yet.  Perhaps that is the source of confusion.  Mike was the host there a few days back.

Correct. I was hoping to get a listen to the Mani. I bought one anyway. I got it this morning. Planning to use it with my new PrimaLuna, which has not yet arrived, but is "on the truck". 
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #19,130 of 149,546
So, while we're all waiting for Jason's next chapter, how about an update from @cozzi on the Bill Frisell listening experience and the COD...inquiring minds, mate.  LOL.

Cheers,
RCB

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #19,131 of 149,546
  So, while we're all waiting for Jason's next chapter, how about an update from @cozzi on the Bill Frisell listening experience and the COD...inquiring minds, mate.  LOL.

Cheers,
RCB

If I remember correctly you where the one most outspoken against me posting at all on this forum. 

Edit: Sorry that was not you at all.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #19,132 of 149,546
Apr 18, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #19,133 of 149,546
@Jason,

I've been wishing to ask you for a feature for a long time, but always managed to forget when I was online...
Well, it's really a tiny tiny change on your volume knobs.  I find difficult at times (depending on the ambient lights or my position) to tell the exact position of the volume knob (i.e. the little dot engraved on it) relative to its whole range.
So, I'm NOT asking for another LED, but would painting that dot white (or red, or black, or some other color you like) be something you could consider implementing in all your future volume knobs?

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #19,134 of 149,546
  @Jason,

I've been wishing to ask you for a feature for a long time, but always managed to forget when I was online...
Well, it's really a tiny tiny change on your volume knobs.  I find difficult at times (depending on the ambient lights or my position) to tell the exact position of the volume knob (i.e. the little dot engraved on it) relative to its whole range.
So, I'm NOT asking for another LED, but would painting that dot white (or red, or black, or some other color you like) be something you could consider implementing in all your future volume knobs?

You can get some nail polish and do it yourself. There is a machined cavity on the surface of the knob that will hold enough polish to be easily seen.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #19,136 of 149,546

You can get some nail polish and do it yourself. There is a machined cavity on the surface of the knob that will hold enough polish to be easily seen.

Yes, of course! I've already come up with that solution...
wink.gif

It was merely a request/suggestion for the future. Nothing too important, though, and something people can certainly manage to do on their own, as you already pointed out.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #19,137 of 149,546
  Or do as good safe practicing audio guys/gals do and always start from zero.  You can ALWAYS turn it up!

Yes, that is true too. I always follow that rule. But if you were to subsequently adjust the volume while wishing to keep an eye to the actual level, you might still want to be able to see that dot from a wider angle.
But, again, there's a simple solution, as @winders pointed out.

Apr 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #19,138 of 149,546

Quote:
  @Jason,

Yes, of course! I've already come up with that solution...
wink.gif

It was merely a request/suggestion for the future. Nothing too important, though, and something people can certainly manage to do on their own, as you already pointed out.

Maybe a variety of little stickers could be included...but then again...

Sometimes you just need a little more reach on your desk, the Shredded Wheat extender! If you remember this from the late 50's, well you're getting old.

A new Chapter will save us......maybe
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back