Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #18,016 of 155,189
Yep, Keyboard week was epic...

cool.gif

Okay, time to discuss mice and touchpads.

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #18,019 of 155,189
Mar 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #18,020 of 155,189
Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth (the 1970's) I could read for free all the most popular audio mags published in the UK. I stopped completely, because of all the subjectivist BS that was then coming into fashion. I recently cancelled a St*******le subscription after a year, because their target demographic seems to be people who can rationalize spending the price of a Camry on a DAC.

Jason's "Deprogramming" chapter is like a breath of fresh air.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #18,022 of 155,189

It is but he is not all knowing nor holy.
Please (all) keep forming your own opinions too.

​And when they differ from the science, prepare for derision. 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #18,024 of 155,189
I took delivery of the Massdrop Hall Effect keyboard last week. I still don’t know how I feel about it...

(Not to start up keyboard week again
wink.gif

I bought the Typewriter set (on Massdrop too). Pair them with Cherry MX Blue for maximum spousal/coworker annoyance.

Well, at least we'll bring an end to Stereophile bashing week.

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #18,026 of 155,189

Killjoy. That was the most fun I have had on HF for a long time
wink_face.gif

And, frankly, those turkeys deserve all the derision they get.

It was fun in the beginning but quickly got stale once we realized that literally everyone in this thread shares the exact same opinion on them. I kinda wish John Atkinson showed up in this thread to bring some counterbalance.

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #18,027 of 155,189

.... I kinda wish John Atkinson showed up in this thread to bring some counterbalance.

It would be hard for him to defend the indefensible. Like:
1) Yggy chip is "obsolete" comment - a patently absurd and wrong statement.
2) The DAC rankings @ Stereophile. I have owned 2 of the higher rated DACs - the Vega and Bricasti M1 - both are inferior sounding to anyone with functioning ears. It's not even close.

Bottom line is that Stereophile is a marketing rag playing a game of massaging the equipment vendors in order to keep the evaluation gear and advertising revenue rolling in. It's a con with the consumer getting fed a steady diet of glossy BS in order to boost sales of the favored vendors.

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #18,028 of 155,189

2) The DAC rankings @ Stereophile. I have owned 2 of the higher rated DACs - the Vega and Bricasti M1 - both are inferior sounding to anyone with functioning ears. It's not even close.

Bottom line is that Stereophile is a marketing rag playing a game of massaging the equipment vendors in order to keep the evaluation gear and advertising revenue rolling in. It's a con with the consumer getting fed a steady diet of glossy BS in order to boost sales of the favored vendors.

Agreed, his defence wasn't very good on the Facebook post so I don't see why it would be different here lol

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #18,029 of 155,189

Yeah, that's why it would be fun. Unstoppable force (BS) meets immovable object (facts and measurements).

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #18,030 of 155,189

It was fun in the beginning but quickly got stale once we realized that literally everyone in this thread shares the exact same opinion on them. I kinda wish John Atkinson showed up in this thread to bring some counterbalance.

Actually, I just subscribed. I wanted to see what you all were bitching about. Besides, I get some great Schiit ads as part of the deal. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back