Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 21, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #152,551 of 153,934
I'm really enjoying Beth Gibbons "Lives Outgrown" on Qobuz, along with a number of songs from the "New Releases" playlist

1716232466786.png
I just finished listening to it and I have to say it's pretty damn good, however... it's in no way in the same league as Out of Season, which is to me an absolute masterpiece.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing it (I tend to "forget" about artists that aren't that active, like Gibbons).

May 21, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #152,553 of 153,934
?? for the group. I pretty sure that sending an email to info@schiit.com usually generates an auto-reply so you know the email got into the system and in a queue for a response. Did I remember that correctly?

If so, maybe something's broken as I've sent the same email twice in the last 3 days with no auto-response so am wondering if it's got through .... (and I've confirmed nothing in spam/junk at my end)

:thinking:

May 21, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #152,554 of 153,934
?? for the group. I pretty sure that sending an email to info@schiit.com usually generates an auto-reply so you know the email got into the system and in a queue for a response. Did I remember that correctly?

If so, maybe something's broken as I've sent the same email twice in the last 3 days with no auto-response so am wondering if it's got through .... (and I've confirmed nothing in spam/junk at my end)

No, I've emailed them several times in recent days about some miscellaneous hardware questions and none of my emails has garnered an auto-reply, but I have been getting responses from their staff.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #152,556 of 153,934

I recently emailed info@schiit.com and did not receive any auto-response either. Still did receive an answer from schiit staff though. So perhaps the auto-reply system is broken

May 21, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #152,557 of 153,934
If you're still in KC, I'd like to recommend La Cubana at 5402 Winner Rd. It's certainly not in a pretty side of town, but I've never felt unsafe there. The place is small, meals are served on styrofoam divider plates, and your drink is served in the original container. On the other hand, it's savory and reasonably priced. The place is clean and staff is friendly.

In the year and a half we've been going there, I've always wondered how "Kansas City-ized" their food is. On our last visit, we ran into some transplants from Florida who frequently made a 40 mile trip to KC because they missed Cuban food. I asked if the food was authentic and they both responded with an emphatic "Yes!"

My favorite dish is a #5, El Tipico: Seasoned roast pork, served on a black bean and rice mix with yucca as a side dish. There's enough on the plate for me to have two satisfying meals.
Thank you!
Alas, heading to St Louis this morning (and Pappy's Smokehouse, in all likelihood)

May 21, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #152,558 of 153,934
Sorry, but I understand that Finnegan does not do solid state amps.
Never, the cat runs to the sweet spot in the room for tube sound, in my shop he just shakes his head and walks away even though that amp mimics a Carver silver seven. :beerchug:

May 21, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #152,559 of 153,934
Thanks for posting this. I'm listening to the 3-disc set and enjoying reading some more Tolkien after a wonderful afternoon's storm chase. I'm a huge fan of Blades and McBride, and I'm just dipping my toes into Corea's music.
There is a lot of music to explore. Happy hunting & listening ... Chick is one of my favorite musicians. :)

May 21, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #152,561 of 153,934
OK, hear me out:
1 AWG welding wire for power cables, speaker cables, AND interconnects.
🤣
...and keep them short. 2/0 marine grade, hard enough to work with
IMG_0162.jpeg

May 21, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #152,563 of 153,934
.... then find your GEC 6AS7G quad in the front-door Christmas wreath .... 😲😫
In the 6080 equivs - I go for the Tung-sol 5998 'Domino', but the prices and available quality these days is frightful (spent some time chasing down a good one at a sane price to no avail) so I use the Svetlana Winged C 6AS7G for soundstage/bright sound and the GE 6080 it came with for warmer sound.

No matter what you do to it - can't beat the Echo 2 by Feliks.

May 21, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #152,564 of 153,934
.... then find your GEC 6AS7G quad in the front-door Christmas wreath .... 😲😫
If you've 'misplaced' a quad of GEC 6AS7G's, you're probably at Stage 17 or something. 🤣

May 21, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #152,565 of 153,934
In the 6080 equivs - I go for the Tung-sol 5998 'Domino', but the prices and available quality these days is frightful (spent some time chasing down a good one at a sane price to no avail) so I use the Svetlana Winged C 6AS7G for soundstage/bright sound and the GE 6080 it came with for warmer sound.

No matter what you do to it - can't beat the Echo 2 by Feliks.
Fortunately I own plenty of Tung Sol 5998 domino plate tubes and a variety of winged C’s including military versions. I also have a variety oh Chathams etc. I bought most a few years ago when the price was still reasonable. 😁 Oh and somewhere I still have a GEC or two.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back