Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 14, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #15,031 of 150,284

Wise decision, truth be said. Out of curiosity, when did you purchase yours? I know the black versions go up on Schiit's website from time to time but I've never seen one up there myself, don't know how sporadically (or otherwise) they appear there. It's a shame because living in the EU our store has only ever had a black Ragnarok for sale (that I've seen at least), that's it, if I could be certain a black V2 would appear on even the US website I'd definitely wait for it and snatch one.

I got my black Valhalla in May of this year.  It's also my impression that the black versions are only available very sporadically.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #15,033 of 150,284
Not overly happy with my first Schiit purchase... :frowning2: I ordered on Sunday...

"Due to a production delay we are not able to ship your Fulla 2 today. The tracking number we provided to you has been cancelled and will not be used. Please be assured that you will be first in line when we resume Fulla 2 shipping in a few days. A new tracking number will be provided to you when your order ships. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We want to ship your Fulla 2 as much as you want to receive it. Thank you for your patience." 

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #15,035 of 150,284
  Not overly happy with my first Schiit purchase... :frowning2: I ordered on Sunday...

"Due to a production delay we are not able to ship your Fulla 2 today. The tracking number we provided to you has been cancelled and will not be used. Please be assured that you will be first in line when we resume Fulla 2 shipping in a few days. A new tracking number will be provided to you when your order ships. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We want to ship your Fulla 2 as much as you want to receive it. Thank you for your patience." 

Some of them are missing a part which is causing issues with iOS and Android users. I'm hoping they put out a more detailed statement. I haven't tested mine with Android, hoping it works fine so I don't have to send it back. A delay is better than getting a defective unit 

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #15,036 of 150,284

Remember, they are a small company.  I won't put words in Jason's mouth, but it appears to be a problem primarily with phone, and a mistake during board manufacture.

They will do you right.  I say that as a satisfied customer.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #15,038 of 150,284
  IMO Schiit's design language is great, not too far off from something Jony Ive would do if he were designing desktop amps and DACs. 

If he was, he'd get rid of all the inputs and outputs ...

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #15,041 of 150,284
  You see, you just made a joke that's not really a joke...

Oh it's a joke alright, just not a "funny ha-ha" joke 
confused_face.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #15,042 of 150,284

A part is not securely fastened to the board.   Some people will have problems, some won't.   There is probably much burning of phone lines between the board house and Schiit.

I would rather have a unit with no issues... I wonder how long it will take them to fix... But it would be nice if that email said something like: 'hey we have a problem and will fix it shortly... and will upgrade shipping or something'... 

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #15,043 of 150,284

I would rather have a unit with no issues... I wonder how long it will take them to fix... But it would be nice if that email said something like: 'hey we have a problem and will fix it shortly... and will upgrade shipping or something'... 

​Patience is not only a virtue my friend but it also builds character.  Of course that will depend upon the behavior of the one waiting.

It is better to wait for that which you ordered than to receive that which you did not, i.e., a fully FUNctional Fulla 2 or a brick.  A really small, light brick but a brick all the same.  I could go on but I do no wish to appear more pedantic than usual.  Ooops...too late!

All will be well, my friend.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #15,044 of 150,284

​Patience is not only a virtue my friend but it also builds character.  Of course that will depend upon the behavior of the one waiting.

It is better to wait for that which you ordered than to receive that which you did not, i.e., a fully FUNctional Fulla 2 or a brick.  A really small, light brick but a brick all the same.  I could go on but I do no wish to appear more pedantic than usual.  Ooops...too late!

All will be well, my friend.

It's not as light as it looks. Still... less than a brick for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back