Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #1,681 of 1,697
A powered usb hub would be a better bet than the jitterbug imo and cheaper too.

Sep 17, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #1,683 of 1,697
You mean as power supply for the second connector or for the data transmission (powered hub between PC and Fulla)?

The latter, so that both data and power lines are both isolated from the pc.

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #1,684 of 1,697
My Fulla 2 reborn as a portable amp :L3000: :L3000:

20201031_092653.jpg
20201031_092646.jpg

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #1,685 of 1,697
As some of you know, my Fulla 2 came to me with a silent volume knob, but developed scratching on the right channel when adjusting volume after a couple weeks. Haven't found a solution either besides constantly RMAing. Not many people have checked in with new units directly from schiit either so it's hard to determine if the problem's fixed yet.

I am here to report on my Schiit Hel, I am experiencing every single issue you have reported. My Hel came out of the box perfect and quiet. Several weeks later it has devolved into static noises when adjusting the knob in specific spots. Rotating it hundreds of times temporarily fixes it, but the fix lasts for days at most, and it doesn't even fully silence that static. I rotated the knob for an hour straight and I could still hear slight static. Highly disappointing for a $189 product.

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #1,686 of 1,697
I am here to report on my Schiit Hel, I am experiencing every single issue you have reported. My Hel came out of the box perfect and quiet. Several weeks later it has devolved into static noises when adjusting the knob in specific spots. Rotating it hundreds of times temporarily fixes it, but the fix lasts for days at most, and it doesn't even fully silence that static. I rotated the knob for an hour straight and I could still hear slight static. Highly disappointing for a $189 product.

It's definitely unfortunate. It seems to be a common issue among the more recent devices that use the alps part for volume control. You can grab a can of electrical contact cleaner and blast the potentiometer after taking off the knob and rotating it while doing so if you want a longer fix, but you'll end up having to do it every few weeks if you want to keep the quiet operation. Personally I gave up since it doesn't bother me THAT much on my Fulla 2, but then again I have it hooked up to a Magni 2 still(which is completely silent, love it) and it only happens when changing the volume. For it to happen on the Hel though which is almost double the price... Pretty sure Schiit could have sorted out something by now.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #1,687 of 1,697
It's definitely unfortunate. It seems to be a common issue among the more recent devices that use the alps part for volume control. You can grab a can of electrical contact cleaner and blast the potentiometer after taking off the knob and rotating it while doing so if you want a longer fix, but you'll end up having to do it every few weeks if you want to keep the quiet operation. Personally I gave up since it doesn't bother me THAT much on my Fulla 2, but then again I have it hooked up to a Magni 2 still(which is completely silent, love it) and it only happens when changing the volume. For it to happen on the Hel though which is almost double the price... Pretty sure Schiit could have sorted out something by now.

I guess for my next purchase. I'll make sure to not buy anything with an alps pot then... this sort of QC is simply not acceptable considering how large of a quality issue it is

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #1,688 of 1,697
I'm using an Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD (Burson Op Amp’s) via a Atom amp combo..would the Hel 2 add to my setup or are the Burson amps already doing the job?

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #1,689 of 1,697
I've owned the Fulla 2 for over 3 years so far and I haven't heard any noise from the volume pot on my Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear headphones (nominal impedance 18 ohms), so the problem isn't universal. You should return the Hel if you're unhappy with it, butterclouds.

It's still one of the best values going and I'd buy a Fulla 3 without hesitation if I had to replace it. I'd also consider the Schiit Modi/Magni stack as an upgrade.

motorwayne, I haven't heard the Schiit Hel or the JDS Atom, but I suspect it would be a sidegrade (different sound signature, but not a huge upgrade) with your Sennheiser PC38X and likewise with the Sennheiser HD 660S (I have the Sennheiser HD 590).

You're probably better off saving for higher-end DAC/amp combo if that's what you're looking for – from the reviews of the HD 660S I've read online, you probably want something that will keep the bass deep and tight and the overall sound as organic, spacious and resolving as they're capable of sounding.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #1,691 of 1,697
The latter, so that both data and power lines are both isolated from the pc.
Can you clarify this point... are you suggesting to utilize both data and power usb inputs on Fulla 2 and have both cables plugged into separate outlets of a powered usb hub which is in turn connected to PC and power outlet?

Mar 4, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #1,692 of 1,697
Reviving this thread sorry
Does the Fulla 2 benefit from using external power like a phone charger? Or can i just run it with a single usb cable from laptop with losing any performance
You can just run it off with a single usb for the majority of devices. There is no difference in power output. It is an optional extra power input for when you're connecting the fulla 2 to portable devices which limit their usb output power.

Mar 4, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #1,693 of 1,697
You can just run it off with a single usb for the majority of devices. There is no difference in power output. It is an optional extra power input for when you're connecting the fulla 2 to portable devices which limit their usb output power.
That’s interesting. Usually devices benefit from better/separate/more powerful power supply. May be F2 doesn’t take more than usb spec even from external power supply

Mar 4, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #1,694 of 1,697
Maybe only psychologically, my Fulla2 seemed to sound smoother (less noisy) when a high quality power supply was used separate from the USB audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back