Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #1,636 of 1,697
Schiit still hasn't fixed their schiit with Fulla 2... Mine just arrived and has the headphone jack issue. When I remove or insert the headphone jack, hear pop noise from my laptop speakers and occasionally will cause my music to stop or become silent, haven't to restart the play.

Considering Schiit's customer service is apparently schiit, not going to bother to rectify this issue.

Otherwise it sounds fine, no issues with volume pot, or USB port or USB distortions.

But solid work Schiit, keep cementing your reputation for QC issues and customer service.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,637 of 1,697
Schiit still hasn't fixed their schiit with Fulla 2... Mine just arrived and has the headphone jack issue. When I remove or insert the headphone jack, hear pop noise from my laptop speakers and occasionally will cause my music to stop or become silent, haven't to restart the play.

Considering Schiit's customer service is apparently schiit, not going to bother to rectify this issue.

Otherwise it sounds fine, no issues with volume pot, or USB port or USB distortions.

But solid work Schiit, keep cementing your reputation for QC issues and customer service.
Does the sound quality meet your expectations?

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #1,638 of 1,697
Does the sound quality meet your expectations?

Not really. It met my expectation in terms of clean, quality sound. But it's a lean sound. Ironically it's not fulla... It's on the brighter side as well. Bass is good enough. I think I like a warmer sound from my amps.

As a portable USB powered DAC/Amp combo, it's great. I'm annoyed that this device has issues with inserting a headphone jack, never heard of this problem before, can't recall ever reading about this issue from any other device.

But how many other USB powered portable Amp/DAC combo with a 1/4" headphone jack with this much power and clean sound for $99 or less are there? Uh... ONE. That's it. Fulla 2 is it.

But for certain, no interest in doing any further business with Schiit. But appreciate that they did make the Fulla 2 at this price.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #1,639 of 1,697
Not really. It met my expectation in terms of clean, quality sound. But it's a lean sound. Ironically it's not fulla... It's on the brighter side as well. Bass is good enough. I think I like a warmer sound from my amps.

As a portable USB powered DAC/Amp combo, it's great. I'm annoyed that this device has issues with inserting a headphone jack, never heard of this problem before, can't recall ever reading about this issue from any other device.

But how many other USB powered portable Amp/DAC combo with a 1/4" headphone jack with this much power and clean sound for $99 or less are there? Uh... ONE. That's it. Fulla 2 is it.

But for certain, no interest in doing any further business with Schiit. But appreciate that they did make the Fulla 2 at this price.
How smooth or hard does the treble sound to your ears?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #1,640 of 1,697
I have no issues with Schiit's CS. Be polite and you'll get a polite response back. I sent back 2 Fulla 2s because I was hoping to solve the early pot issues and I didn't even have to pay for return shipping.

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #1,641 of 1,697

How have things evolved with the problems that you have had with your Schiit Fulla 2?

Oct 6, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #1,642 of 1,697
How have things evolved with the problems that you have had with your Schiit Fulla 2?

Problems still exist.

What's changed? I listen to these more than any other amp/dac I have right now for headphones. Overall my NFB gets more time because speakers > headphones all day, and NFB is used as pre-amp. But for headphones, fulla 2 has been my most used device. Great size, good sound, convenient.

I LOVE that Fulla 2 uses 1/4 jack.

According to measurements, Schiit products are rubbish: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-schiit-fulla-v2-dac-and-headphone-amp.3105/ On some tests, the solid state Schiit lost out to tube... that's shameful. But can I hear it? Don't think so, but for some people this stuff is important to them.

It does the job for $99. And frankly sounds good enough. It's an audible and clear improvement over my laptops' output, and didn't find any other device in this price range better. Maybe IFI better, but it's too big.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #1,643 of 1,697
Problems still exist.

What's changed? I listen to these more than any other amp/dac I have right now for headphones. Overall my NFB gets more time because speakers > headphones all day, and NFB is used as pre-amp. But for headphones, fulla 2 has been my most used device. Great size, good sound, convenient.

I LOVE that Fulla 2 uses 1/4 jack.

According to measurements, Schiit products are rubbish: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-schiit-fulla-v2-dac-and-headphone-amp.3105/ On some tests, the solid state Schiit lost out to tube... that's shameful. But can I hear it? Don't think so, but for some people this stuff is important to them.

It does the job for $99. And frankly sounds good enough. It's an audible and clear improvement over my laptops' output, and didn't find any other device in this price range better. Maybe IFI better, but it's too big.
I am very glad that you are enjoying your Fulla 2 and that it was not a wasted investment for you.

Oct 22, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #1,644 of 1,697
I owned this a good while ago and currently own a geek out v2+ infinity.

ImI not a big fan of the fulla2.
What it offered for me was an upgrade over onboard audio, better definition around sounds, a sense of body.

My main issues if found with time were linked to three key things about the fulla2. It was very warm, compared to my geek out and other "warm" DACs I have heard and the issue was, it wasn't more punch but a softer slow bass. This softness carries on into the rest of the spectrum, impacts feel muted, drums often lose their immediacy.
In addition to this there was a hazy quality which felt like it veiled the sound, it made the imaging very congested and often different instruments mushed together.

All these issues I've listed here aren't that significant considering the price. But I personally feel that these are something I have disliked more as I have gotten to try more things.

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #1,645 of 1,697
I'm pleased with Fulla 2 for use with my JBL L20T3. I don't have the warm hazy issues. Currently prefer this setup over my LSR308 for music listening.

Fulla 2's pre-amp feature is definitely it's greatest strength. A USB powered DAC as a pre-amp for my desktop setup at this size and energy efficiency for $99. Definitely appreciate this device a lot more now.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #1,646 of 1,697
Yeah I think the amp is the weakest part of the Fulla 2. It works pretty well as a dac, although I still get some noise with the usb input.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #1,647 of 1,697
when the audio is not played for a long time and then played gives with the no sound from windows 7 laptop feed using USB.
once i replugged the cable clears the problem.
if i played from youtube it shows try to restart the device.
is it normal or a issue

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #1,648 of 1,697
im considering getting a Fulla 2, but maybe looking to get some more advice as I've been away from the audio world for a little bit.

I'm looking to drive a DT880 250ohm. I had a OG Schiit stack and the Modi recently stopped working.. I was thinking about what to do as a replacement. and thinking of either a Fulla 2 or just getting a Modi 2 or Modi 2 Uber B-stock and pairing that back with OG Magni.. any thoughts of whats the better route since the cost will be similar..?

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #1,649 of 1,697
Modi 3 is much better performing than the Modi 2 and 2 Uber.

Otherwise if you have a use for the other features of the Fulla 2, I think the Fulla 2 would work okay.

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #1,650 of 1,697
I would say it depends on your price range and space/need. If you already have a Magni and the stack worked for you before, the Modi 3, which is the same price as the Modi 2 Uber B Stock, is the performance, and the Modi 2 Closeout would be the best price.

I have the Fulla 2, but I have it because my work would not be pleased if I brought in a Schiit stack. It works great at work, but if I could have a Schiit stack, I would probably prefer that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back