Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #1,606 of 1,697
I switched back to my Sony D-EJ2000 portable CD player today and it has a nicer sound signature (or one that I'm used to – I've owned it since 2004), but the Fulla 2 lets me listen to YouTube, webinars, movies, etc. on my computer so it adds flexibility in addition to its quality output. The headphone jack on my computer has some background hum and noise, so it's a big step up.

I like that the Fulla 2 is USB bus-powered, too. I don't want to think about yet another lithium-polymer battery that will need to be replaced down the line. At some point, Schiit will have to release a USB Type-C version of the Fulla – until then, people with new computers will have to use one more dongle.

Jun 29, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #1,607 of 1,697
True story. My friend uses my gift in his studio-B and he told me that it keeps up with his apogee dac in studio A. Gift was a fulla2, purpose of the tool was that he could do better work at home while creating his thing on his macbook. He does not work like that, he needs the quality difference. So great implementation Mike and i confirm that for playback on my hd 6xx the fulla2 gives lovely sounds (Copied from Baldrs forum)

Jun 29, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,608 of 1,697
True story. My friend uses my gift in his studio-B and he told me that it keeps up with his apogee dac in studio A. Gift was a fulla2, purpose of the tool was that he could do better work at home while creating his thing on his macbook. He does not work like that, he needs the quality difference. So great implementation Mike and i confirm that for playback on my hd 6xx the fulla2 gives lovely sounds (Copied from Baldrs forum)

I really hope you get to hear the HD6xx on a OTL amp someday... the Fulla 2 sounds terrible and screechy in comparison. I actually sold me HD6xx because all I had at the time to drive it was a fulla 2.

Jul 1, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #1,609 of 1,697
I really hope you get to hear the HD6xx on a OTL amp someday... the Fulla 2 sounds terrible and screechy in comparison. I actually sold me HD6xx because all I had at the time to drive it was a fulla 2.
“adj having or making a high-pitched sound such as that made by a mouse or a rusty hinge. Synonyms: screaky, squeaking, squeaky, squealing high, high-pitched. used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency." above description of sound is absolutely not coming into my ears. Strange you sold the cans and not the schiit....

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #1,610 of 1,697
“adj having or making a high-pitched sound such as that made by a mouse or a rusty hinge. Synonyms: screaky, squeaking, squeaky, squealing high, high-pitched. used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency." above description of sound is absolutely not coming into my ears. Strange you sold the cans and not the schiit....

sold both. hd6xx doesn't have enough soundstage for my personal tastes.

Jul 3, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #1,614 of 1,697
For ex. what I now listen more often: Magni 3 + Modi 2 Multibit and Hifiman Sundara. I still have my Fulla 2 and HD6XX, they are a fine pair for me and the HD6XX sounds even better with the Schiit Stack(Magni 3 and Mimby) and I will never part with my Fulla 2, its a great little device.
Okay but the magni3+modi2 mb is way more than fulla2 and my guess is that the phones are also more than my 229€ hd 6xx...perhaps better/different but not par with cost!

Jul 4, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,616 of 1,697
Right, I meant not same cost as a Fulla 2 + HD6XX, but what I wanted to say that usually "better performance" come with a cost.
Ahhh i see. More than double the cost and i doubt the sound is twice as good to my ears of course. Got some earbuds and likethe sound a lot, fantastic mid for 80$

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #1,618 of 1,697
Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #1,619 of 1,697
Jul 5, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,620 of 1,697
Ask Lee. The founder. Great customer service I experienced.
Thanks for link! Why is the pure white so expensive? I think I will go for the Asura Omega, I like the detachable cable option. I agree with you the Monks are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back