1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by xero1, Dec 7, 2016.
First

Back
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
108 109 110 111 112
Next

Last
  1. jmarcusg
    Everything received and setup [see pic]. Sounded really good out of the box. Anyone encountering issues with gain using the Grado SR80e? There is not much to play with on my setup. 8:00 is about max on a variety of tracks but so far it's workable. 2018-04-26 15.42.30-1.jpg

2. caenlenfromOCN

how much for you to make me one of those rasperry pi's and get it all setup for audio? :D

3. SomeTechNoob
    Yeah there's not a lot of volume adjustment on the Fulla 2 for efficient cans. I have to run 70/100 on Windows to get any sort of volume control above the channel imbalance zone. I basically never pass 10 o'clock even with HD 6XXs.

4. caenlenfromOCN
    agh you are really missing out mate... the fuylla 2 and HD6xx sound terrible together. I recommend you sell it and get a nice OTL tube amp

5. SomeTechNoob
    I've got a Magni 2 which works plenty well for all my cans. I'd rather spend money on better headphones than source anyways.

Derrick Swart likes this.
  6. caenlenfromOCN
    Your loss, I have heard the HD6xx with Fulla 2 and Magni 2 and it sounds terrible. Darkvoice 336 OTL amp for $150 = makes teh HD6xx Godly sounding, it won't pair well with your other cans though.

7. Kerry56
    Hmm, no one has mentioned the terrible measurements of the Fulla 2 at audiosciencereview?

8. SomeTechNoob
    Well I was expecting it to already measure pretty bad considering how the modi 2 performed. It stays with me for functionality reasons and the fact that I can't really tell that much difference between dacs.

He does have a second one, and hopefully he does more coverage on the Fulla 2.

9. jmarcusg
    Based on a recommendation from a friend I ordered one of these - https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-iematch (Image attached). It has allowed me to take advantage of the entire range of the Fulla 2 volume control using the Ultra Sensitivity setting. There have been a number of reviews of the iEMatch on Head-Fi - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-audio-iematch-headphone-travel-accessory.22072/reviews. One can argue the logic of purchasing a $49.00 accessory for a $99.00 headphone amp but for me it was worth the price. Mated with the Grado SR 80e and after many days and hours of listening I am sold on the combination. As always YMMV... 2018-05-05 08.58.45.png

10. SomeTechNoob
    I have a Magni 2 which does most of the headphone work. Recently changed the setup so my Fulla 2 is my dac/preamp, which goes through a 3.5mm splitter into my magni 2 and speaker amp. Works for now.

11. EAR Hp4
    Sounds amazing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  12. HiWire
    So I've been listening to the Fulla 2 a lot more in the last few weeks... it sounds great with my Alessandro MS-1 (32 Ω impedance). I think the Fulla is resolving enough to reveal compressed sources. Most of my "portable" tracks are 320 kb/s variable AAC ripped in iTunes, but I've also been slowly ripping files in ALAC.

Give lossless audio a try and let me know if you hear a difference.

No problems with my potentiometer. The background is dead silent and channel matching seems to be perfect. I've also tested the Fulla 2 with my Sennheiser HD1 In-Ear earbuds (18 Ω impedance) and they are likewise clean and dynamic-sounding out of the Fulla.

13. caenlenfromOCN
    I found the fulla 2 limited my soundstage some

14. HiWire
    I agree. I've run HDCDs and CDs as well as ALAC files into the Fulla 2 with my Grado HP-2 headphones and the Fulla doesn't quite get to the level of my custom headphone amplifier for soundstage, detail, and musical fluency... it's impressive for the money, but it can't beat $1,000+ hardware.

15. caenlenfromOCN
    I enjoy my Dragonfly Black usb dac/amp more than the fulla 2. costs the same. everyone has preferences though

First

Back
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
108 109 110 111 112
Next

Last