Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
May 2, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,396 of 1,697
May 9, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #1,397 of 1,697
bought another one this week from EU vendor. QC is really good on this now, must be a newer batch. Knob is really well finished, screw heads are pristine. Knob alignment is perfect, usb head goes in super smooth and easy to remove as well. Very happy! Still cant get over how great the sound is.

May 10, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #1,399 of 1,697
Which iOS are you using? I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.1 and it isn't working. I can see in the Settings that the phone is recognizing the Camera adapter.

When I choose a song or hit Play, the music just comes out of the built-in speakers.

Very frustrating.

The fulla 2 works great with the iPhone 6. I use this combo every day. You'll need a lightning to camera adapter. I use the lightning to USB 3 camera adapter:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...2769e67a587e01e662337b7c9efa5ea13929f849ba4d9

With this adapter you only need one connection to the fulla 2 (you don't need separate power)

May 18, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,400 of 1,697
I bought the Fulla 2 about 2 months ago and had hoped that the problems just go away with time but sadly that's not the case.
Firstly I have the popping sound when starting the computer https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/schiit-fulla-2-impressions-thread.828228/page-37#post-13129083
This problem however is not as annoying as the second one as I can just put on the headphones after the bootup.
The big problem: scratching static on the right channel when adjusting the volume nob
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/schiit-fulla-2-impressions-thread.828228/page-37#post-13129010
Has anybody been able to fix this who also had that problem?
I bought it from schiit-europe so the official support won't help me out and the european distributor is based in the netherlands and responds with rather cryptic instructions.
I'm pretty sure that I will lose my warranty when taking it apart so has anyone suggestions on what to do?

Sending them in to schiit-europe is only the last option as I assume that, that will take a really long time to come back.

May 18, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #1,401 of 1,697
As some of you know, my Fulla 2 came to me with a silent volume knob, but developed scratching on the right channel when adjusting volume after a couple weeks. Haven't found a solution either besides constantly RMAing. Not many people have checked in with new units directly from schiit either so it's hard to determine if the problem's fixed yet.

May 18, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #1,402 of 1,697
I have had my Fulla 2 since early February. The pot is scratchy, and it pops on boot up as well. Not overly concerned with the popping on boot, I had another USB audio device that popped on boot up as well.

I'm not sending it back to Schiit. I'm in Canada and shipping back and forth would just cost too much.

It is a $99 audio device, not really expensive in the grand scheme of audio. The only thing that concerns me is the Fulla 2 is designed as a "gateway" device. Buy it and you will probably be enticed to upgrade to a Mimby and so forth.

At this point, my experience with Schiit doesn't inspire much confidence in spending more money buying Schiit. Some argue that it's a $99 device, what do you expect? I expect a product that works correctly, regardless of price.

May 18, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #1,403 of 1,697
In my case, I need at least one separate power for camera adapter or Fulla 2 to use Fulla 2 from iPhone 6 Plus.
(USB camera adapter accepts one lightning power cable to charge iPhone while playing music through USB)

Yes, with usb 3 camera adapter you need at least one power source. But it is a big improvement from a power perspective compared with the unpowered camera adapter. The one power source (lightning into the adapter) will supply both the phone and the fulla 2. The adapter's usb port supplies sufficient power for the fulla 2 (no need to use the fulla's power connection)

Did I mention this combo sounds great with the re-400?

May 18, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #1,404 of 1,697
Which iOS are you using? I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.1 and it isn't working. I can see in the Settings that the phone is recognizing the Camera adapter.

When I choose a song or hit Play, the music just comes out of the built-in speakers.

Very frustrating.

I'm on iOS 10.3.1. Which camera adapter are you using? If it is the unpowered camera adapter version then it does not provide enough power to run the fulla 2. You'll need to connect a dedicated power supply to the fulla 2 power port.

May 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,405 of 1,697
I would like to know if this Dac / Amp reproduces to the maximum the sound quality of headphones like Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro Headphones (250 Ohm) or Sennheiser HD650 for example that require a lot of energy, someone who has used these headphones or similar ones in Schiit Fulla 2 would you know to answer me ?

May 19, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #1,406 of 1,697
I would like to know if this Dac / Amp reproduces to the maximum the sound quality of headphones like Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro Headphones (250 Ohm) or Sennheiser HD650 for example that require a lot of energy, someone who has used these headphones or similar ones in Schiit Fulla 2 would you know to answer me ?

Of course it doesn't, it's a $99 dac amp combo. My HD 6XX sounds fuller in the bass regions on my Magni 2 when compared to my Fulla 2. But the difference is still quite small and sound straight out of the Fulla 2 is still quite good.

May 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #1,408 of 1,697
But would I have big losses with Fulla 2 or would they be minimal?

Depends how good your ears are, what cans you have, and what counts as "minimal losses". It's difficult to explain if you haven't heard other dac/amps.

Personally, I think it's fine sound-quality wise. But then again I don't have too many issues with stuff like onboard audio either. I find the headphones themselves have a much larger impact on your listening experience than the dac/amp unless your source is absolutely garbage.

May 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #1,409 of 1,697
Depends how good your ears are, what cans you have, and what counts as "minimal losses". It's difficult to explain if you haven't heard other dac/amps.

Personally, I think it's fine sound-quality wise. But then again I don't have too many issues with stuff like onboard audio either. I find the headphones themselves have a much larger impact on your listening experience than the dac/amp unless your source is absolutely garbage.
And this is my case, my source is crap and so I want a dac / amp, but do I need to install or configure something on the pc or just plug and play?

May 19, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #1,410 of 1,697
And this is my case, my source is crap and so I want a dac / amp, but do I need to install or configure something on the pc or just plug and play?

Plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back