Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Mar 22, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,321 of 1,697

hm...i got some hard trouble with the Fulla 2.
I run it on my MacBook Pro but suddenly there does not come any sound of this Shiit Box!?!
I dont know what happened.
After putting many times the cable on and off and restarting the Computer it works now. But suddenly the songs from "Fidelia" starts to sound crackeling and interrupting...
I tried it on my iPhone - it works.

After all i put the Fulla 2 on my laptop and then i interrupted the cable not from Computer but from Fulla 2 and than it works fine.

Does anyone has the same problems?

I am really confused...help?

Crackeling and interrupting was caused by bad contact between the USB cable and the micro USB port on Fulla 2, in my experience. I've exchanged the cable for a better one and those issues disappeared. Ah, I use two cables for my Fulla 2: one for data and another one for the power supply. The bad cable that caused crackeling and interruptions was the power supply one.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #1,323 of 1,697
To add a thought to the conversation... Could the background "pshhhhhh" and digital whining be caused by a dying CPU in my PC? It's an old amd chip that i suspect could be dying?

No,
That is caused by electrical interference. Either in your audio cables or to the unit itself.

It can also be caused by poor grounds. Try using the external power on the Fulla2.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #1,325 of 1,697
To add a thought to the conversation... Could the background "pshhhhhh" and digital whining be caused by a dying CPU in my PC? It's an old amd chip that i suspect could be dying?

I don't even know how a CPU "dies", without failing. Not sure what these even means. What symptoms have you observed?

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #1,326 of 1,697

I don't even know how a CPU "dies", without failing. Not sure what these even means. What symptoms have you observed?

Well I'm really just scrambling for answers but i guess applications are much slower to load. This may be just my hard drive though

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,328 of 1,697
Nope, because this only goes up to 24/96

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,329 of 1,697
  Does this need drivers if we connect it to a comp?

Assuming you are using Windows, the OS should instantly detect the Fulla 2 and install the USB driver. The drivers from Schiit's website are only needed if it doesn't automatically detect & install. 

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #1,330 of 1,697
I'm pretty sure Schiit hasn't released any drivers for the Fulla 2.  It simply uses Window's included audio driver, which supports USB Audio Class 1 devices.  The Fulla 2 is a UAC v1 device, and therefore only supports up to 24bit/96khz.  That's why a lot of higher res dacs that do 32bit/384khz need their own drivers - Windows hasn't pushed out their UAC v2 driver.  That driver should come later this year in the Creator update.

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #1,331 of 1,697
  I'm pretty sure Schiit hasn't released any drivers for the Fulla 2.  It simply uses Window's included audio driver, which supports USB Audio Class 1 devices.  The Fulla 2 is a UAC v1 device, and therefore only supports up to 24bit/96khz.  That's why a lot of higher res dacs that do 32bit/384khz need their own drivers - Windows hasn't pushed out their UAC v2 driver.  That driver should come later this year in the Creator update.

Just checked and you're right. Windows should take care of everything with the Fulla 2 and be totally plug & play. Apologies for any confusion.

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #1,332 of 1,697
Well I'm really just scrambling for answers but i guess applications are much slower to load. This may be just my hard drive though

Most likely its your HDD.
CPU's cannot "start to die" while harddrives can.
CPU's either work or they don't work.
But if you havent' cleaned your CPU fan in a long time you could always check and see if you are thermally throttling.
Programs like HWMON can help with that.

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #1,333 of 1,697

But if you havent' cleaned your CPU fan in a long time you could always check and see if you are thermally throttling.
[/quote

This wouldn't explain the awful USB output though:/

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #1,334 of 1,697

[/quote

This wouldn't explain the awful USB output though:/

An older motherboard can.
It could have a crappy USB HUB chip (you might be able to fix this with a newer USB hub attached to your PC, but its a toss up) or its still a syncronous setup.
Either that or your motherboard has power bleed from the years and your USB has electrical noise which is causing problems with the DAC.

What issues are you having exactly?

Its funny because I have an aweful popping/cracking with the Fulla2 on my laptop(s) but not on my desktop.
Now I got my SMSL M8 in today and it has the popping problem on the desktop that has no problem with the Fulla2.
Whats even more interesting is that I have a Topping D30 which is also XMOS powered and I don't have the issue at all on the same computer.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #1,335 of 1,697
I received my Fulla 2 about a week ago and while I enjoy the amp, I am running into an issue with it on Windows 7. I have Windows 7 and 10 dual-booted on my system, and the amp works flawlessly on Windows 10, but on 7 it does registers the amp the entire time, but the sound FREEZES. I have tested the audio device multiple times and watched the playback device menu as the sound messed up. The "I'm Fulla Schiit" device stays connected the whole time, but the green bar that displays the sound levels literally freezes whenever the sound would cut off. The amount of time the freezing lasted would vary from a couple of seconds, to cutting off completely until I manually reconnect/re-enable the sound device. Once again, the device works flawlessly on Windows 10, but I have noticed that Windows 10 simply calls the device "USB Audio Device" whereas Windows 7 actually uses the name "I'm Fulla Schiit."

Does anyone have a solution to this? I've searched around to no avail because this product is relatively new, and I don't know about anything that I could do because it's working on one OS but not another despite the manual specifically saying that there's no drivers to worry about at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back