Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Mar 13, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #1,291 of 1,697
Did you ever try to get a replacement?

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #1,292 of 1,697
Did you ever try to get a replacement?

I did, the new one is the same.

The good news is that on one of my i7 desktops while using the USB 3 output I have no pops at all its clean as a whistle even without using external power sources.
The problem is that I don't need it for my desktops....

I'm going to try my other laptop again tomorrow I think, but its surely a problem on my HP 17" Sandy i7.

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #1,293 of 1,697
So I finally managed to get some audible artifacts by plugging into power input from an el cheapo lamp's usb hub.  It was almost like an increasing pulse, followed by a pop.

But there's no audible difference to my ears when I plug the Fulla 2 straight into my computer versus having another microUSB for power hooked up to a usb AC adapter for me.

I will also note that my HTC One M9 can power the Fulla 2 with a simple micro-micro cable, but there might be a pop/tick once in awhile.  Adding in external power helps, but doesn't resolve the problem.  I think this is a HTC thing though, since both of my previous DACports exhibited the same problem.  Aux in works like a charm as long as I'm not charging my phone(damn that power circuitry is noisy).

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #1,295 of 1,697
I used to hear some buzzing with the E17's amplified headphone out via minijack to twin XLR to the LSRs when the E17 was about 60-70cm from my PC. Moving it another 30-40cm away removed the buzzing. I can't hear anything that I would identify as interference with the fulla, wherever I place it. What kind of PSU do you have? I find that PSUs are usually the culprits, mine is a Corsair RM850i. Oh and I almost forgot, the LSR305s are set to 8 on their dials, bass is at -2db and treble is at 0, fwiw.

Hmm maybe. I'm planning on building a new PC soon so I'll get a good quality one then, but for now I'm stuck with a Corsair cx 450 bronze. Could that explain why when i move my mouse, a high pitched noise appears from the speakers and stops when i stop moving the mouse?

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #1,296 of 1,697
Hmm maybe. I'm planning on building a new PC soon so I'll get a good quality one then, but for now I'm stuck with a Corsair cx 450 bronze. Could that explain why when i move my mouse, a high pitched noise appears from the speakers and stops when i stop moving the mouse?

Hmm I highly doubt it, that seems very strange. Have you tried with a different mouse? Are both mouse and fulla connected directly to the PC? I don't think that behaviouryou describewill have much to do with the PSU. Also, any Corsair PSU, even the lower ranges like the CX, unless defective, is more than "clean" enough and should not be the issue here. 
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #1,297 of 1,697
Hmm I highly doubt it, that seems very strange. Have you tried with a different mouse? Are both mouse and fulla connected directly to the PC? I don't think that behaviouryou describewill have much to do with the PSU. Also, any Corsair PSU, even the lower ranges like the CX, unless defective, is more than "clean" enough and should not be the issue here. :confused_face_2:

Yeh they are connected directly to the mobo output on the back, and I've tried different combinations of ports front and back. Maybe it's a cheap mobo? It's an asrock for the amd a10 chipset

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #1,298 of 1,697
Is it onboard audio out? That's easily susceptible to interference since there's zero isolation from the rest of the computer. Not much you can do about it besides getting a dac.

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #1,303 of 1,697

Have you double-checked your wiring paths? Cables should cross perpendicularly if possible. I've heard what you describe (with other hardware), and I don't think changing your PSU would fix it.

My suggestion would be to try a different mouse, a choked (ferrite bead) USB cable for your signal, or experiment with powered USB hubs

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #1,304 of 1,697
  Have you double-checked your wiring paths? Cables should cross perpendicularly if possible. I've heard what you describe (with other hardware), and I don't think changing your PSU would fix it.

My suggestion would be to try a different mouse, a choked (ferrite bead) USB cable for your signal, or experiment with powered USB hubs

Its most likely a problem with the grounding of his USB port.
He could try a USB isolator aswell, but I also wonder if his fulla2 has problems specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back