Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #541 of 1,697
  Just got my Fulla 2 a couple hours ago, pleasantly surprised by the quality both sonically and physically. No, my volume pot isn't perfectly centered like many others. My MicroUSB plugs are also slightly tight, but not worried about it in the least.

Impressions:
Coming from standard MacBook Pro output for my Campfire Jupiters to the Fulla 2. I hate using night and day terms with audio as a lot of it is about small incremental improvements in quality that may not even be initially realized. With that being said, the improvement is something I would place well beyond $100. Instrument separation and depth is the first element I noticed when using the Fulla 2. Bass is much more controlled and and has a little more impact. Highs have an added clarity and air that was missing previously. Coherency is also a word I would use without hesitation as the music sounds a lot more, well, musical. Mids were slightly recessed through the standard MacBook Pro output but sound more even throughout the range with the Fulla 2. With the volume all the way down, I hear pretty much no hiss at all, I say this because I don't hear any, ymmv through as I'm not very sensitive to hiss (Jupiter is 32 Ohms I believe). Volume pot is barely turned at all but allows for significantly more selection. For example, through my MacBook Pro, 4 on the volume was slightly too quiet and 5 too loud, Fulla cures this by allowing you to move the pot to exactly where you want. 

I received my Fulla 2 last night (a day early!) and wanted to echo most of this post. The volume knob on the unit I received is centered, level, and all of the case screws are in perfect shape.

I've only operated my Fulla 2 in DAC/Amp mode as I don't have the appropriate connectors to test it in standalone DAC or standalone Amp mode at this time.

As far as audio impressions:
Basically the difference between the Fulla 2 and my previous sources (Google Pixel, self-built desktop PC, and HP Spectre x360 laptop) was night and day. The entire range is more present and controlled. Considering this is my first dedicated DAC/Amp I wasn't sure what to expect. I am fairly stunned that this $100 piece could provide so much of an improvement to my music.

With that being said, not everything is perfect:
I get an intermittent audible scratching when turning the volume knob while not playing music. I don't hear it when changing the volume while music is playing, so it may not exist when doing so. Perhaps someone with more experience and knowledge could chime in! There also appears to be a stereo imbalance at very low sound levels when using my IEMs (26 ohm resistance). The sound levels are well below what I listen at, so again this doesn't bother me. If you prefer your music played at a whisper and own really sensitive headphones, this may be of interest.

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #542 of 1,697
I received my dt990 pro 250ohm today. And yes , as some said here , its not the perfect duo. Some1 said he was listenning to dt770 250 and the volume pot was at 1-2 oclock for loud sound. Well its not the point for me. Almost cracked all up and i felt like im esrring distortion. Also feel like the bass is not controlled.

Anyway time for me to find a good match for this fulla2 or will sell it. Looking for good controlled bass. But something that have some mid and high too. good sound even if v shaped. Any idea ???

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #543 of 1,697
 good sound even if v shaped. Any idea ???

You want an amp with an intentionally V-shaped response curve?

a) I don't know of any designed that way
b) If that's what you want, use EQ

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #545 of 1,697
Dec 30, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #547 of 1,697

its clearly dsnt have enought power for these 250 ohm cans ...

I'm confused.

Do you want easier to drive cans to use with the Fulla 2?

Or a different amp to drive the cans you have?

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #548 of 1,697

I'm confused.

Do you want easier to drive cans to use with the Fulla 2?

Or a different amp to drive the cans you have?

haha , yea im sry , english is not my frist language so it can be hard to understand sometimes ... even more if im typing it with my cellphone at same time as playing rainbow six seige lolol ...

ok ,im pretty happy with the fulla2's dac ! day and night vs my onboard sound ... so id like to keep the fulla2.. so yea looking for some headphone with good bass to match up the F2 .. but i dont want only bass ! im basshead but i like good sound... im not Beats kind of headphone if u understand what i mean.

i like it loud and well controlled , not muddy and floppy bass ... the fulla2 just cant do that with the dt990 pro 250 ohm ...

maybe something like the denon D2000 .. even if these are like impossible to find out anymore .. :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #549 of 1,697
haha , yea im sry , english is not my frist language so it can be hard to understand sometimes ... even more if im typing it with my cellphone at same time as playing rainbow six seige lolol ...

ok ,im pretty happy with the fulla2's dac ! day and night vs my onboard sound ... so id like to keep the fulla2.. so yea looking for some headphone with good bass to match up the F2 .. but i dont want only bass ! im basshead but i like good sound... im not Beats kind of headphone if u understand what i mean.

i like it loud and well controlled , not muddy and floppy bass ... the fulla2 just cant do that with the dt990 pro 250 ohm ...

maybe something like the denon D2000 .. even if these are like impossible to find out anymore .. :frowning2:

My understanding is the dt-990 has the sound signature you are looking for. Why don't you just look for an amp to pair with your Fulla? If you don't need portability, you may be better served by a modi/magni combo.

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #550 of 1,697
I do in fact have an iPhone right next to it, I should have thought of that before. It is always on LTE and connected to wifi, however. I'll have to move it and see if that changes anything.

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #551 of 1,697
My understanding is the dt-990 has the sound signature you are looking for. Why don't you just look for an amp to pair with your Fulla? If you don't need portability, you may be better served by a modi/magni combo.

Yea well , the only dt990 i have listen at is the 600 ohm i had paired with but frost/lyr2. Loved it. But i sold it and it was a big mistake.

So i bought the fulla2 and the dt990 pro 250 ohm. I tought i would be close to what i had. But no. Not sure if its the fulla2 that dsnt have enought juice or the headphone not sounding like the 600 ohm at all. It suposed to have more bass than the premiium 600 and its not the case. So maybe cause it dsnt have enought watts?

I like the portability of the fulla2. So maybe its easier to find another headphone!?

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #552 of 1,697
I am sharing my experience with returning my defective Fulla 2 in hopes of warning others about Schiit's customer service.  Below is the email I sent after getting a notification that I was given a partial refund:

----------------------------------------------------------

I just received notification that I’m getting a partial refund of $84.15.  I am assuming this is because the technician decided the Fulla 2 was not defective.  When I used the Fulla 2 I heard a scratching static sound while turning the volume knob.  The sound reminded me of a dirty pot, which is unacceptable in a new audio product.  There was also an audible noise when using IEMs, regardless of volume level.  I replaced the Fulla 2 with a Audioquest Dragonfly, and I don’t have any of these problems which should rule out my equipment being the problem.  On top of that, the micro USB connection is damn near impossible to make, and has already damaged two USB cables.  How can you claim this unit is not defective?

In addition, I’m not even getting refunded my tax??  I don’t even own the unit, how can you be taxing me?

This customer service is very lackluster, and you can guarantee I will never do business with Schiit again.  This is coming from a repeat customer who currently owns a Bifrost Multibit, Lyr 2, and Wyrd.

I’m very disappointed to say the least.  I feel like I’m being taken advantage of, and Schiit is not taking responsibility for their shortcomings.

I'm pretty pissed.  Schiit you can remove me from your customer base.  Sure, I'm only one customer, but it starts with one.  I will be sharing my experience with others.

GOODBYE!

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #553 of 1,697
Anyone using this on their PC notice some sound pops? When I turn on my PC, I hear one loud pop through my headphones, then when it hits the windows loading screen, I hear another pop again in my headphones. I can reproduce it and it happens every time. Is this normal?

I am sharing my experience with returning my defective Fulla 2 in hopes of warning others about Schiit's customer service.  Below is the email I sent after getting a notification that I was given a partial refund:

I just received notification that I’m getting a partial refund of $84.15.  I am assuming this is because the technician decided the Fulla 2 was not defective.  When I used the Fulla 2 I heard a scratching static sound while turning the volume knob.  The sound reminded me of a dirty pot, which is unacceptable in a new audio product.  There was also an audible noise when using IEMs, regardless of volume level.  I replaced the Fulla 2 with a Audioquest Dragonfly, and I don’t have any of these problems which should rule out my equipment being the problem.  On top of that, the micro USB connection is damn near impossible to make, and has already damaged two USB cables.  How can you claim this unit is not defective?

In addition, I’m not even getting refunded my tax??  I don’t even own the unit, how can you be taxing me?

This customer service is very lackluster, and you can guarantee I will never do business with Schiit again.  This is coming from a repeat customer who currently owns a Bifrost Multibit, Lyr 2, and Wyrd.

I’m very disappointed to say the least.  I feel like I’m being taken advantage of, and Schiit is not taking responsibility for their shortcomings.

I'm pretty pissed.  Schiit you can remove me from your customer base.  Sure, I'm only one customer, but it starts with one.  I will be sharing my experience with others.

GOODBYE!

Go through your bank and do a charge back if you feel you're being taken advantage of. And I agree, the USB ports on the back are shoddy. The holes aren't cut properly, they're too small, and it's way too tight on the connector. It requires too much force, to the point I'm scared it will snap off inside or something. This is a product flaw and should be fixed in the next batch they make, but sadly, early adopters are the beta testers.

As for the other problem, I have no experience with that. The sound quality is great, minus the random popping I get. 

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #554 of 1,697

GOODBYE!

I assume you refer to sales tax - If that is the case, I will look into this and fix it as it is just wrong.  Probably not until next week as all Schiiters are already off for New Years holiday.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back