Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #586 of 1,697
  Schiit advertises the FULLA2 is much much more friendly to ALL phones and Tablets..I contacted them told NICK the Tech  nothing is working....standard NO help answer..." contact the hardware mfger"   Ive googled 2 hours  tried 3,4 appts,,,if the Fulla2 is so friendly  NO drivers needed... why wont it work?  My 2 Tablets are pretty one....1 yr old  Android OS is 6.01.0  all that is needed is 3.0 and older....maybe someone will read these crys for help and reply with the "fix"

Also tried  ROOT appts....no help either... there is something simple not connecting...in sound card or OS..just do not known what it is... 

Have you checked the Developer Options? There is an option for Disable USB audio Routing. The issue with google android is there are so many variances because each company can tweek them to their liking if the company that put it out cannot assist  it is unreasonable to expect Schiit to know of every variance. Open Source = Cheap and easy but a Pain in the @ss for support.  I only have Kindle Fire so I cant expect it to do much. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #587 of 1,697
  I'm really tempted to order a Fulla 2, but I'm still debating between it and the schiit stack. To anyone who owns both, is the stack really worth $100 (or $200 if you pick Uber) extra over the Fulla 2?

What impedance are your headphones?

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #588 of 1,697

What impedance are your headphones?

I'm currently using some Ultrasone PRO 750, 40 ohms. I doubt I'll upgrade in the foreseeable future since any decent upgrade is getting into crazy price ranges. I may buy some open back headphones just to try them, but they will most likely still not be too hard to drive.

With my PRO 750 currently, I have to keep the volume at 80-100% at all times with onboard audio, and it never really goes loud enough. At 100% I also hear cracking and popping which really ruins the experience.

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #589 of 1,697

I'm currently using some Ultrasone PRO 750, 40 ohms. I doubt I'll upgrade in the foreseeable future since any decent upgrade is getting into crazy price ranges. I may buy some open back headphones just to try them, but they will most likely still not be too hard to drive.

With my PRO 750 currently, I have to keep the volume at 80-100% at all times with onboard audio, and it never really goes loud enough. At 100% I also hear cracking and popping which really ruins the experience.

Yeah, while the impedance is a mild 40 ohms, the sensitivity is 94dB, with is 11 dB less than the AKG's I use with the Fulla 2.

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #591 of 1,697
Anyone know if this can drive the k7xx well? Currently am driving them off phone/laptop.

I have them, they're fine with the Fulla 2.

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #593 of 1,697

Good to know. Will I notice a definite improvement in quality from the onboard audio from my MB Air (2015)?

I don't know. I'm not you.

And my MB Air is a 2014 model.

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #595 of 1,697
Alright, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to know my impressions based on my gear, the Fulla 2 is better than the headphone jack on my MB Air.  But it's not as good as my Mjolnir 2.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #596 of 1,697
Schiit advertises the FULLA2 is much much more friendly to ALL phones and Tablets..I contacted them told NICK the Tech  nothing is working....standard NO help answer..." contact the hardware mfger"   Ive googled 2 hours  tried 3,4 appts,,,if the Fulla2 is so friendly  NO drivers needed... why wont it work?  My 2 Tablets are pretty one....1 yr old  Android OS is 6.01.0  all that is needed is 3.0 and older....maybe someone will read these crys for help and reply with the "fix"

Also tried  ROOT appts....no help either... there is something simple not connecting...in sound card or OS..just do not known what it is... 

OTG had to be supported on both a hardware and software level, of my understanding is correct. Newer versions of Android support it, but the device itself needs the implementation in order to support usb OTG. On some devices, the lack of that is some of the few differences it from higher priced models, which is common with Samsung.

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #597 of 1,697
  I'm really tempted to order a Fulla 2, but I'm still debating between it and the schiit stack. To anyone who owns both, is the stack really worth $100 (or $200 if you pick Uber) extra over the Fulla 2?

Honestly, I'd choose a Vali 2 over a Magni Uber- the price difference is minimal, but the sound is much nicer. A $20 EH6GC7 tube will give you a surprisingly lovely sound. Don't be scared of the fact that it's a tube hybrid amp- it's very low maintenance.

That said, I'd also try to talk you into going Multibit if you were going the stack route too. That ends up as about four times the price of the Fulla all in, but it's a very respectable and nice-sounding little desktop setup, and looks ludicrously cute. The only danger is losing entire evenings to it, once you press "play".

Alternatively, drop $100 on a Fulla, and still get a nice upgrade from laptop audio in a tiny package. Either way you win.

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #598 of 1,697

Honestly, I'd choose a Vali 2 over a Magni Uber- the price difference is minimal, but the sound is much nicer. A $20 EH6GC7 tube will give you a surprisingly lovely sound. Don't be scared of the fact that it's a tube hybrid amp- it's very low maintenance.

That said, I'd also try to talk you into going Multibit if you were going the stack route too. That ends up as about four times the price of the Fulla all in, but it's a very respectable and nice-sounding little desktop setup, and looks ludicrously cute. The only danger is losing entire evenings to it, once you press "play".

Alternatively, drop $100 on a Fulla, and still get a nice upgrade from laptop audio in a tiny package. Either way you win.

Good point about the Vali 2 and Multibit, that is even more tempting, but so pricy.

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #599 of 1,697

This is a Good Point. Having a Vali 2,  Magni 2 Uber and a Fulla 2. My preference on the amp side is the Vali 2, Then the Magni 2 Uber then the fulla 2. With that said The Fulla 2 gets you close to magni 2 Uber. Watchnerd asked about the specs on your Cans, This makes a difference. Easy to drive, Low impedance cans with the Fulla 2 Come Close Magni 2 Uber. In Non scientific Tests which included some Adult beverages the PSB M4U1, ATH M50X's it was a little difficult to pick which was which on some tracks, With More demanding cans the difference was noticeable. I will say the Modi 2 Uber is a better sounding DAC on pretty much all accounts. The Fulla 2 is a Serious Contender but consider power source and purpose .My Opinion would be the Uber Stack Or even MB Modi and Vali 2 If you have the cash and do not need portability. Any combo of the above will drive most cans out there. However if you are budget constrained and need portability the fulla 2 will do the trick. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back