Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread
Nov 26, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #3,106 of 3,260
Yes, sent in for repair and it works great now.
Did they solve the volume problem? Do you still need to get past 12 to get volume, or did that change?

Nov 26, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #3,107 of 3,260
You bought it second hand and say “this will be my last purchase from Schiit”. Alrighty then.

I have 8 Schiit products including the Freya N, and I’m very satisfied. A 9th (used) will be arriving soon, and when I order the upgraded Unison USB board, they’ll also give me 2 years warranty on the whole device. Their service and policies are excellent, IMHO.
Please give some credit to the people that are complaining. They purchased Schiit staff because they belive they are good products. The truth is not just one complain but several cases referring to the tube section of the Freya+ and N. It happened to me and I am reluctant to order new one because I am afraid they haven't sorted out the issue. For me is the se one Schiit product tha goes bad on me.
You bought it second hand and say “this will be my last purchase from Schiit”. Alrighty then.

I have 8 Schiit products including the Freya N, and I’m very satisfied. A 9th (used) will be arriving soon, and when I order the upgraded Unison USB board, they’ll also give me 2 years warranty on the whole device. Their service and policies are excellent, IMHO.

Nov 26, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #3,108 of 3,260
Please give some credit to the people that are complaining. They purchased Schiit staff because they belive they are good products. The truth is not just one complain but several cases referring to the tube section of the Freya+ and N. It happened to me and I am reluctant to order new one because I am afraid they haven't sorted out the issue. For me is the se one Schiit product tha goes bad on me.
Freya N is no longer made. Only Freya+. Buy new next time then you are covered by warranty. My Freya N works perfectly and I bought it new. It’s also covered by 5 year warranty, which is pretty excellent.

How do you know the person you bought from was responsible and didn’t screw something up and that’s why they hurried to sell it?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #3,111 of 3,260
Freya N is no longer made. Only Freya+. Buy new next time then you are covered by warranty. My Freya N works perfectly and I bought it new. It’s also covered by 5 year warranty, which is pretty excellent.

How do you know the person you bought from was responsible and didn’t screw something up and that’s why they hurried to sell it?
@mystaiced , I purchased my Freya+ brand new. Sending it for repair it would cost me an arm and a leg.

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #3,112 of 3,260

You missed my point and I did not discredit those who have had issues.

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #3,113 of 3,260
Nov 26, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #3,114 of 3,260
I did reach out, was told to look at the page detailing standard repairs. Not covered under warranty. Other brands in my system wouldn't bat an eye at fixing a unit that was recently made and still under original purchaser's warranty time frame.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #3,115 of 3,260
If you have a problem, write to Schiit for an answer before you reach a conclusion about their customer service before you condemn their actions.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #3,116 of 3,260
I did reach out, was told to look at the page detailing standard repairs. Not covered under warranty. Other brands in my system wouldn't bat an eye at fixing a unit that was recently made and still under original purchaser's warranty time frame.
So you can either send it in to get repaired or buy one new instead of second hand. Complaining about a company’s product that you bought second hand is rude. I’ve never had a problem with Schiit, but I’ve also bought all my stuff new, thus getting warranty coverage.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #3,117 of 3,260
Buying used carries a certain risk. Buying Bstock or closeout also has a risk which is why they aren't warrantied. Granted, it would be nice if the warranty was transferrable but that's something usually found with products at a higher price point that also brings more profit dollars. With added label tax. :smile_phones:

Nov 27, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #3,118 of 3,260
B-stock and closeout items are warrantied. What you have to give up to get the discount is returns and trade-ups.

1701108692527.png

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #3,120 of 3,260
Anyone have/had serious microphony issues? I have 50+ 6SN7, which include several variants (eg VT231, 5692, GTA, GTB, W, etc) and manufacturers, and all are microphonic to a degree. Most are quite bad, sending noise through the system when merely tapping on chassis. Many of the tubes are unused, all test very well - I think this has to be a problem with the unit. I have an ST70 with 6SN7 driver board and none that I've tried there have been microphonic (though I'm not sure whether it would manifest as readily in this application). My first thought was failed solder joint on tube socket. I opened it up and couldn't find anything visually amiss. Any advice on what might be at fault? It's an early 1st gen (bought Jan 2017).
Did you sorted it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back