Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #1,006 of 1,112
Same with powering on the Crack, need to unplugh the usb cable from the computer if it sometimes sounds weird like resetting the connection.

I have an A2 with a Modi 2 Uber and EITR. No clicking issue here. Just really nice sound for the money. ☺

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #1,008 of 1,112
For anyone looking to get Eitr, Schiit just posted a few to their B-stock page for $89 each.

Better grab one fast since they sell out quickly.

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #1,011 of 1,112
Bad news, my order was cancelled. Will have to keep another lookout for the Eitrs to return to the Closeout section, if any
Such bad luck. Hope you end up getting one.
I look at the B-stock page at least twice a day. I've gotten most of my Schiit as B-stock. I'll post here if I see it come up again.

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #1,012 of 1,112
Such bad luck. Hope you end up getting one.
I look at the B-stock page at least twice a day. I've gotten most of my Schiit as B-stock. I'll post here if I see it come up again.

Thanks man, I am starting to make that as my daily habit too. That's how I found out about C-Stock and even saw a Loki Mini in black being snapped up within hours :p

Nov 19, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #1,013 of 1,112
Keep on the lookout and you'll find one. I visit Schiit B stock regularly, since that is where the deals are to be found. The EITR is also great for
interfacing computers with older dacs that don't have USB inputs. I recently bought a 1998 Entech 205.2 Number Cruncher and a 2008 Audio
By Van Alstine Insight multibit dac (neither of which have USB inputs) and use the EITR to interface them with my Amazon Fire tablets. They
sound great.

Best of luck. 😀

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #1,014 of 1,112
Keep on the lookout and you'll find one. I visit Schiit B stock regularly, since that is where the deals are to be found. The EITR is also great for
interfacing computers with older dacs that don't have USB inputs. I recently bought a 1998 Entech 205.2 Number Cruncher and a 2008 Audio
By Van Alstine Insight multibit dac (neither of which have USB inputs) and use the EITR to interface them with my Amazon Fire tablets. They
sound great.

Best of luck. 😀

Thank you, let's see how this goes

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #1,015 of 1,112
I was using an EITR between my PC and Jolida DAC.. there was a night and day difference between having the EITR in line and out. With my current streamer/ hard drive combo, I don't have it in line.. may end up selling. I'll blip something here if I do.

I was surprised, kind of, when Schiit stopped selling them. It's a workaround for not having Unison and still getting ++ performance.. it made other DACs that didn't have these features in their PS, sound better. WOuld be nice if they worked it back into a stand alone, linear power supply product like SBooster.. how difficult could that be?? offer it as an upsell to the wall warts and onboard PS.... ??>> maybe even in a streamer solution. missing = boat.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,016 of 1,112
I was using an EITR between my PC and Jolida DAC.. there was a night and day difference between having the EITR in line and out. With my current streamer/ hard drive combo, I don't have it in line.. may end up selling. I'll blip something here if I do.O

I was surprised, kind of, when Schiit stopped selling them. It's a workaround for not having Unison and still getting ++ performance.. it made other DACs that didn't have these features in their PS, sound better. WOuld be nice if they worked it back into a stand alone, linear power supply product like SBooster.. how difficult could that be?? offer it as an upsell to the wall warts and onboard PS.... ??>> maybe even in a streamer solution. missing = boat.

The EITR is really useful for older dacs that don't have a USB input. I use it with
my Audio By Van Alstine Insight DAC (2008) and my Entech Number Cruncher 205.2
(1998) and it sounds quite good with both. I also have a Schiit Modius with Unison USB
which is excellent for the money. IMHO, it's tough to tell the difference between the Modius and EITR.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #1,017 of 1,112
I was surprised, kind of, when Schiit stopped selling them. It's a workaround for not having Unison and still getting ++ performance.. it made other DACs that didn't have these features in their PS, sound better.
The Eitr sounded poor compared to my sMS-200 via USB into an Audiolab 8200CD/DAC.

WOuld be nice if they worked it back into a stand alone, linear power supply product like SBooster.. how difficult could that be?? offer it as an upsell to the wall warts and onboard PS.... ??>> maybe even in a streamer solution. missing = boat.
There are plenty of third-party upgrades to make the Eitr sound better. An iFi Audio iPurifier2 was a good upgrade in my setup. USB cleaners are available from iFi Audio, Mutec, Audioquest, Uptone Audio, etc.. I use a Ghent Audio USB 2.0 Y-cable and linear power supply, which is a big improvement compared to the USB 5V bus from my laptop. Some of the other USB treatments allow an LPS without the Y-cable.

Those two improvements, reclocking and LPS power, brought the Eitr from barely listenable to really good, very, very close to the sMS-200 with LPS.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #1,018 of 1,112
Hello: I was looking at purchasing an android tablet to see if I could use it in my stereo and Schiit Eitr setup instead of my laptop or desktop. I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (features a charging USB-C port) to replace my desktop in this case. My question is, can the android do the job of my desktop in my stereo/eitr system? If so, could you tell me if there are any special setups regarding the android to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help,

Chuck

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #1,019 of 1,112
Hello: I was looking at purchasing an android tablet to see if I could use it in my stereo and Schiit Eitr setup instead of my laptop or desktop. I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (features a charging USB-C port) to replace my desktop in this case. My question is, can the android do the job of my desktop in my stereo/eitr system? If so, could you tell me if there are any special setups regarding the android to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help,

Chuck

I use an EITR with my Amazon Fire HD10 and 7 and it works quite well. Cable is USB micro or USB C (USB C for most recent Fire HD 10) to USB B. USB C or USB Micro end connects to USB output on Fire tablets, the other end of the cable connects to USB B input on EITR. I use my Amazon Fire tablets via the EITR with the coaxial inputs on the following Dacs: Audio By Van Alstine Insight, Entech Number Cruncher 205.2. Sound quality through my headphone amplifiers and headphones is quite good. Not sure what the output is on a Galaxy tablet. However,you should be able to get a cable that allows you to connect the Galaxy and EITR.

Hope this is helpful to you. 😊

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #1,020 of 1,112
I use an EITR with my Amazon Fire HD10 and 7 and it works quite well. Cable is USB micro or USB C (USB C for most recent Fire HD 10) to USB B. USB C or USB Micro end connects to USB output on Fire tablets, the other end of the cable connects to USB B input on EITR. I use my Amazon Fire tablets via the EITR with the coaxial inputs on the following Dacs: Audio By Van Alstine Insight, Entech Number Cruncher 205.2. Sound quality through my headphone amplifiers and headphones is quite good. Not sure what the output is on a Galaxy tablet. However,you should be able to get a cable that allows you to connect the Galaxy and EITR.

Hope this is helpful to you. 😊
Thanks Jimmy: I have an external hard drive that contains my Wave files. I usually have this plugged into my desktop as well as the Eitr; therefore two USB ports used. If I go for the android, I will only have the one USB-C port available. How could I get around this since I use two ports now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back