Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Mar 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #3,061 of 3,339
Quote:
Its just me or the Bifrost is not compatible with wasapi event style in Jriver?

You have to go into the options and check the box "present as 32 bit". Had the same problem.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #3,062 of 3,339
Quote:
You have to go into the options and check the box "present as 32 bit". Had the same problem.

still not working

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #3,063 of 3,339
Wanted to mention that I received and installed the new USB board version in my Bifrost yesterday.  Whether it was getting USB back after listening through the optical input for a little while (music through the optical is very nice, but I've consistently preferred USB with my rig) or a real difference, I don't know, but it sounds substantially improved from what I recall with the original board.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #3,065 of 3,339
Quote:
Hey guys,

I ordered the Bifrost+Lyr (usb Bifrost) wondering whether they come with all the required cables or if I have to get them seperate

Only comes with power chord. You'll have to order RCA's and USB cable.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #3,068 of 3,339
Quote:
You can order super-short RCA (for Schiit DAC-AMP connection) directly from Schiit.

Yes. but that's not included which was OP's question.

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #3,069 of 3,339
Quote:
Wanted to mention that I received and installed the new USB board version in my Bifrost yesterday.  Whether it was getting USB back after listening through the optical input for a little while (music through the optical is very nice, but I've consistently preferred USB with my rig) or a real difference, I don't know, but it sounds substantially improved from what I recall with the original board.

I recently ordered a Bifrost from Headphone Bar in Canada, and it still is comming.
This unit is expected to have the latest version of USB card.
How do I know the machine is latest or not?
Is it possible by inspection of serial number?

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #3,071 of 3,339
Just send Jason a message and ask him to throw the RCA's in with your Bifrost.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #3,072 of 3,339
Quote:
thanks for the replies guys,

yea that looks nice and short but I live in Canada and it says $30+ for shipping for a $20 cable...

I've got mine for sale if you are interested, PM me. I ship to Canada for less than $30. 

I bought them but decided not to stack my Lyr and Bifrost so don't need 'em. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back