Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #106 of 3,339
Hey guys--we'll definitely announce this month, but remember, this month has 30 full days in it . . .

Seriously, though, it'll probably be between the middle and end of the month. Mike and I are doing some final tweaks and finishing up the orders for production now. Expect it to go something like this:

June 15-30: First DAC announcement, and some details on the next ones. 
August 15-30: First DAC ships.

And, oh yeah . . . the first DAC's name is: Bifrost. 

You heard it here first!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #107 of 3,339

Quote:
Hey guys--we'll definitely announce this month, but remember, this month has 30 full days in it . . .

Seriously, though, it'll probably be between the middle and end of the month. Mike and I are doing some final tweaks and finishing up the orders for production now. Expect it to go something like this:

You heard it here first!

Bifrost? Awesome!
gs1000.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #110 of 3,339
In Norse mythology, Bifröst or Bilröst is a burning rainbow bridge that reaches between Midgard (the world) and Asgard, the realm of the gods

Bifrost is a backdoor trojan horse family of more than 10 variants which can infect Windows 95 through Windows 7.

Hah.

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #111 of 3,339
No Thor action-figure posing on top of it then, Heimdallr might get a little mad.

Depending on the price point, I'm really considering using one of these DACs in a Christmas-y time Magnepan setup.

Quote:

You heard it here first!

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #113 of 3,339
That's probably the best name so far.

The Rainbow Bridge between digital and analog.

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #114 of 3,339

Quote:

And, oh yeah . . . the first DAC's name is: Bifrost

You heard it here first!

Oh, that's cold Jason.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #117 of 3,339
Nope, I have heard it before :D
The bridge to Asgard in Norse mythology...can't wait to have one.

Quote:

You heard it here first!

Jun 5, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #119 of 3,339

Quote:

You heard it here first!

That's so funny. I finally watched Thor yesterday, and the whole time when hearing "Asgard," I kept thinking about headphone amps. You Schiit guys and your Norse mythology fascination. Anyway, will be getting the Lyr soon enough, and hungrily waiting for Bifrost news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back