Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #857 of 3,339
Well if shipping will take another week, give us some internal pics to drool over, please !!
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #858 of 3,339
Thanks Jason for the heads up.  I am sure that many manufacturers wouldn't even tell people if they were shipping a couple of days late.  

But to compensate for the extreme heartache that many people are feeling.... do you have any news on intermediate or statement Schiit?  I am sure there is something that you can announce that will get tongues wagging....  
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Hey all,

Nobody has their order status updated yet because . . . we need a couple more days, I'm afraid.

In the process of getting ISO9001 certified, our PC board assembly house has been slooooowwww. So the boards are just trickling in. The good news is that it looks like we'll have much better supply than we expected, so we should be able to clear the preorders much more quickly than I thought. But--bottom line--they're shipping next week, not this week.

Sorry for the ongoing delays.

All the best,
Jason

Oct 1, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #861 of 3,339

Quote:
But to compensate for the extreme heartache that many people are feeling.... do you have any news on intermediate or statement Schiit?  I am sure there is something that you can announce that will get tongues wagging....  
tongue_smile.gif

X2

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #862 of 3,339
Ah, not an another week. It will probably take a couple of weeks to ship it Norway. Then I will probably not have untill late October/early November. I've never waited such a long time for a product. I think I preordered in May(?)

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #863 of 3,339
I was going to wait for reviews to start coming in before I order my Bifrost but since I'm so happy with my Lyr I thought "what the heck". Hopefully the back order gets cleared quickly!!!

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #864 of 3,339
>to compensate for the extreme heartache that many people are feeling.... do you have any news on intermediate or statement Schiit? I am sure there is something that you can announce that will get tongues wagging

X3!

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #865 of 3,339
Latest news on Bifrost from Schiit

Quote:
[size=medium]Here's what happened, if you're interested: our PC board assembly house got stuck in the middle of ISO9001 certification as we entered Bifrost production. The translation: they're delivering more slowly than we expected, and USB cards are especially impacted. I'd expect most of the Bifrosts shipped in the first week will be sans USB. The good news is that once the floodgates open, they open a lot wider than we hoped, so we'll be able to clear the pre-orders more quickly.[/size]

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #866 of 3,339
Latest news on Bifrost from Schiit

Yeah...very exciting. I get to wait extra long since I chose the USB option. Wonderful. :cool:

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #869 of 3,339

Okay, to answer a few more questions:

1. Yes, things around here are a little insane right now. We're basically living at the PCB assembly house at the moment. And yes, this is a local place--about 20 minutes away from our office.

2. Internal photos? Yeah, we had a few more important things to do. Sorry about that. An internal shot will go up today.

3. Shipping Monday? No. End of week for the first non-USB units. Assuming the board house doesn't get distracted by ISO again, or have someone out due to illness. See below.

4. Why the ongoing delays? Because this is a VERY different animal than an amplifier. First, we cannot make units ourselves, as we have done in the past with amps. The surface-mount components are the size of fly crap, so we are completely dependent on the boardhouse. We have to wait for the first article, program it, test it, and release production if it meets spec. If it doesn't, repeat as necessary. Also, if the board house tells us, "We're going to ship the 22nd," then we take them at their word. If they subsequently say, "Ah, the 24th, the 27th, ah, I mean the 2nd, and that's for the analog boards, not the motherboard or the USB board," there is nothing we can do about it. Except apologize to you.

5. Have we learned our lesson? Absolutely. You'll be hearing a lot less from us about what's coming when, until we actually have product in hand. That means you'll be able to confidently pre-order based on a real timetable that will be a lot shorter than 2 months. The bad news is, this will mean you won't hear about our new products for a while. I expect we will still have something (or somethings) new out this year, and something (or somethings) else out in Q1 2012. But that's all I can say at the moment.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #870 of 3,339
Thanks for the update Jason! I really appreciate the honesty and timeliness of your company, given the things within your control : ) Looking forward to hearing the Bifrost and am content waiting until it is ready.

Have a great rest of the week and try not to loose too much sleep, we are but audiophiles remember :wink:

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back