Schiit Bifrost usb gen 2 upgrade ?
May 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 11
  I just bought a used Schiit Bifrost with a uber analog and usb 2 upgrade. how can I tell if it is upgraded?

If the first owner bought it from schiit with those upgrades/had them install them then it will have a special sticker on it somewhere showing it has the uograde.

If they installed it themselves I'm not sure how you can tell short of opening it up.

May 19, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 11
is there any information on the date it was manufactured? Because after a certain time (not 100% sure when) if it has USB then it has to be the Gen2 USB as they dont sell them with Gen 1 anymore, its either no USB or the Gen2 Card.

May 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 11
a044371 I don't see a date?

can it be possible that I like the sound of my hrt music streamer II+ better than this bifrost uber????????????
he-4 , ef5  and the hrt = soundstage, bass and mids are amazing. it sounds like analog.
he-4 , ef5 and bifrost  = smaller soundstage dosent have the bloom like the hrt.  bifrost sound flat ,natural, plain.  my toe's aren't tapping?

is the hrt just a better match with my setup or is the hrt just a supper amazing dac.

May 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 11
Have you had the opportunity to test the bifrost on optical?

I have heard that the Gen1 USB board was quite lack lustre so maybe your Bifrost has that but to be fair I have no idea really. Maybe the HRT just fits your sound better.

May 20, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #7 of 11
I wrote to schiit maybe they know.
2 minutes after I asked I got an email from them , yes its a gen2. wow I didn't have to wait 2-5 days, nice :)
also an easier way to know if you got a gen2 It will report as “Schiit USB Audio Device” to your computer

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 11
I'm in the same situation, my second-hand Bifrost Uber will be here today (hopefully), and I just want to make sure it has the USB gen 2 card on it, too. 

"also an easier way to know if you got a gen2 It will report as “Schiit USB Audio Device” to your computer" - that's what Schiit told you? What did gen 1 appear as? (Just wondering because even my Modi shows up as "Schiit USB Audio Device".)

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #9 of 11
Hey guys, anybody knows since what serial number of Bifrost is there Gen 2 USB ? 

So we could determine this easier ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back