Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC w/USB GEN5 Upgrade
Jun 22, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #31 of 67
New Bifrosts come with the gen 5 board, right?
yeah sorry i forgot to post their answer!
"
Good Morning Francis,

All versions of our Bifrost come with Gen 5 usb.

Thank You"

"
Francis,

I wish I could give you more information. We are waiting on parts which has delayed the Bifrost from shipping.

Amy"

Jun 22, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #32 of 67
Yes, they do. Since about fall of 2017, I think.
Has anyone bought a Bifrost in the last 4-5 months? Customer service says they haven't been shipping them at all in the last few months.

Jun 22, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #35 of 67
It's likely to but I'm more worried about the nothing has shipped in months claim, lol.

Anyone using the Bimby with a balanced amp like the Jotunheim? How's the sound? I am finding the Questyle cma400i worse than the Mimby + Jot single ended but I'm a little concerned about how things may change when using the balanced output.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #36 of 67
I'm told that the Bifrost are estimated to resume shipping the week of 7/4 like it states on the website. Problem of course being that's two weeks from now, but as far as I'm aware Schiit might be ahead on the sound they deliver. I'm disappointed by the CMA400i. Unfortunately the Bimby might not be much better than the Mimby and there might even be a product under development to be released this year. The gen5 upgrade is what makes more sense of it as I've run into background noise, and it perhaps enhances the sound.

Jun 24, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #37 of 67
Also, can we get some more impressions in on how the Bimby with the gen 5 upgrade sounds? From much of what I've read it's supposed to be a marginal upgrade over the Mimby, although I think many of those comments are without USB gen 5. I get the impression it's not worth the money, but I've run into background noise with my Mimby + Jot stack and decided I might as well go for the Bimby with a return of the Mimby rather than buying an Eitr or whatever.

Jun 24, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #38 of 67
Also, can we get some more impressions in on how the Bimby with the gen 5 upgrade sounds? From much of what I've read it's supposed to be a marginal upgrade over the Mimby, although I think many of those comments are without USB gen 5. I get the impression it's not worth the money, but I've run into background noise with my Mimby + Jot stack and decided I might as well go for the Bimby with a return of the Mimby rather than buying an Eitr or whatever.

Bimby Gen 5 sounds wider while being a bit more focused, more defined and "blacker" to my ears than Mimby.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #40 of 67
i will come back after my first listennings with it and i'll compare it with my modi (i dont have the uber nor the multibit version on my modi)

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #42 of 67
Tell me what amp you're using it with too and how much it takes turning the knob to hear background noise.

Just take Mike up on his offer.....please!

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #44 of 67
Anyone know how much of a difference a balanced DAC with a balanced amp makes? If balanced amps can convert sound from an RCA connection what is the benefit of fully balanced?

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #45 of 67
Anyone know how much of a difference a balanced DAC with a balanced amp makes? If balanced amps can convert sound from an RCA connection what is the benefit of fully balanced?
If you want a true balanced setup, you need a dac with balanced output. But, from my research, balanced componant are only useful if you have a setup vert far from your listenning point. That's the sole reason balanced output exist in the first place. That's why you always see them during concert.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back