schiit bifrost/gungnir and asgard
Dec 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bobbmd

Head-Fier
this may be a stupid question but i tell my patients the only stupid question is the one you dont ask
the bifrost has only one set of rca outputs the gungnir has TWO
if you buy the bifrost and asgard and your music comes almost exclusively from the computer the only place to send the music is to the asgard-and headphones so you have to disconnect from asgard and connect to your avr to listen via speakers when you dont want to use headphones what a PIA or am i missing something? or am i just being lazy
seem like you would have to spend 300 or more $ just to get TWO rca outputs so you could have 2 ways of listening  to music( yes i understand you aregetting more advanced dac technology w/gungnir)
confused_face(1).gif

another ? anyone have opinion on new mac mini with fusiondrive 1 tb and 128gb ssd vs just 256gb ssd

thanks bobbmd

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
this may be a stupid question but i tell my patients the only stupid question is the one you dont ask
the bifrost has only one set of rca outputs the gungnir has TWO
if you buy the bifrost and asgard and your music comes almost exclusively from the computer the only place to send the music is to the asgard-and headphones so you have to disconnect from asgard and connect to your avr to listen via speakers when you dont want to use headphones what a PIA or am i missing something? or am i just being lazy
seem like you would have to spend 300 or more $ just to get TWO rca outputs so you could have 2 ways of listening  to music( yes i understand you aregetting more advanced dac technology w/gungnir)
confused_face(1).gif

another ? anyone have opinion on new mac mini with fusiondrive 1 tb and 128gb ssd vs just 256gb ssd

thanks bobbmd

Perhaps it was cost prohibitive or just not in the use case scenario for Schiit.

You can deal with the PIA or look at a switch box/Line Router. Or just go with Gungnir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back