Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
May 8, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #1,998 of 4,957
I’ve had zero issues with my BF2. Have had it since October, I leave mine on most of the time unless I’m gone for 3-4 days.

A shame some people are having issues, hopefully Schiit resolves them quickly!

May 8, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #1,999 of 4,957
To all the peeps that had BIfrost 2 die on them, did you leave yours on 24/7. How often did you turn yours off?

Seriously, I wonder if the heat from having an Asgard 3 stacked on top of it will eventually prove too much (the Asgard radiates heat from the bottom).

May 8, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #2,000 of 4,957
Seriously, I wonder if the heat from having an Asgard 3 stacked on top of it will eventually prove too much (the Asgard radiates heat from the bottom).
Absolutely. I wonder if thats the culprit here. NO matter what schiit says, its never wise to leave a electrical component capable of generating so much on all the time without giving any kind of break. IMO, it should be common sense. I tunr mine off each night when i m done using it. Knock on wood, none of my audio equipments have ever given me any kind of heat issues or have failed.

May 8, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #2,001 of 4,957
Maybe a bad lot of components. Component supply and mfg has been stretched so quality of the components may have been impacted -- much to Schiit's dismay, I bet.

Edit: Jinx! 😄
My concerns exactly...great company, but the world has gotten a little less reliable

May 8, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #2,003 of 4,957
I left mine on 24/7 and I also stacked the Jot2 below it.

May 9, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #2,005 of 4,957
I look at these Bifrost 2 problems and they make me hesitant too, but I wouldn't be if I was living in the U.S. Most units are probably quite fine.

For Europe though, the day that "Schiit Europe" will have some in stock, I don't think that will be anytime soon. It's not just shipping charges back to the U.S. for repair, it's the tax people that may not understand that your repaired unit is something you already paid tax on once, etc.

Outside of the U.S., a repair is a much bigger hassle. If you buy it from "Schiit Europe", they either fix it or get you a unit that does work, but if you buy it direct from Schiit in the U.S. it's yourself that deals with all the hassles.

I am still thinking I will get a Valhalla 2 from Schiit U.S., but that is , essentially, a 75 year old design ( ? ), and no "op-amps" ( ? ) ... chips that can get too hot and burn out, or have manufacturing defects, etc.

For a Bifrost 2, I still might get one, but it worries me a lot more.

May 9, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #2,006 of 4,957
For a Bifrost 2, I still might get one, but it worries me a lot more.
Yeah, I'm hoping to get a Jot 2 + Bifrost 2 stack some day, but as an another European, the reports are certainly a bit worrying. Like yeah, obviously most of them are just fine, but going purely by these threads, it certainly seems like those two are more prone to failures than most other amps/DACs.

I'm super happy with my current setup, though, so I'll just wait patiently and see if Schiit can iron out the kinks.

May 9, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #2,007 of 4,957
May 9, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #2,008 of 4,957
Schiit customer care is fantastic and hence not a big issue for US based customer but for outside US it can be pretty daunting and expensive to send the DAC all over to US for repair . Finger crossed for my BF2

May 9, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #2,009 of 4,957
I’ve had zero issues with my BF2. Have had it since October, I leave mine on most of the time unless I’m gone for 3-4 days.

A shame some people are having issues, hopefully Schiit resolves them quickly!
Same here. I used to turn mine on/off daily for evening listening sessions, but since this work from home business started I began leaving it on 24/7. No problems.

May 9, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #2,010 of 4,957
I have Lyr3 on top of my Bifrost2, no problems. I do have some extra rubber feet between them though, giving about 1 cm of clearance total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back