Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
May 9, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #2,011 of 4,960
Outside of the U.S., a repair is a much bigger hassle. If you buy it from "Schiit Europe", they either fix it or get you a unit that does work, but if you buy it direct from Schiit in the U.S. it's yourself that deals with all the hassles.

Schiit customer care is fantastic and hence not a big issue for US based customer but for outside US it can be pretty daunting and expensive to send the DAC all over to US for repair . Finger crossed for my BF2

It probably is a bit of a bigger hassle to send back for warranty repair than sending within US, but what it boils down to is (except the usual stuff of getting an RMA, pack it up and walk/drive to the post office):

1. Find the appropriate customs declarations codes for the type of unit it is and the purpose of sending it (the customs office should be able to help with that if one gives them a call).
2. Fill out the customs form and enclose a printout of the invoice as proof of declared value.
3. Send it (preferably insured).
4. Nervously follow tracking info until it gets there (optional).

That’s it. They fix it free of charge and send it back free of charge (assuming the repair is covered under warranty of course). The cost of sending it should be in the ballpark of the shipping when originally purchased, depending on insurance costs.

May 9, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #2,012 of 4,960
It was on 24/7 with my Jot. Never turned off
Did you stack them? Jot 2 on top of Bifrost 2?

I know Schiit said it is ok to stack them like this. But from my own experience, when I stacked them like that, the Jot 2 runs a lot hotter than the usual. Normally when alone, the Jot 2 runs really really cool. But it got hot when stacked on top of Bifrost 2. The same with Bifrost 2 as well. It ran much hotter when under the Jot 2. There really isn't much space between them.

So, I bought a lot of different feet and found the perfect match. I added the feet in between the Jot 2 and Bifrost 2, to maximize the air flow. Both run much cooler as if they are separate.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #2,013 of 4,960

I know Schiit said it is ok to stack them like this. But from my own experience, when I stacked them like that, the Jot 2 runs a lot hotter than the usual. Normally when alone, the Jot 2 runs really really cool. But it got hot when stacked on top of Bifrost 2. The same with Bifrost 2 as well. It ran much hotter when under the Jot 2. There really isn't much space between them.

So, I bought a lot of different feet and found the perfect match. I added the feet in between the Jot 2 and Bifrost 2, to maximize the air flow. Both run much cooler as if they are separate.

I had a similar experience with my Bifrost 2 / Lyr 3 stack. I’d read in multiple places here that it’s fine to stack them directly but I didn’t like how warm they’d get, even when the Lyr 3 was off (I keep the Bifrost 2 on 24/7). So I put some feet between them and it’s much better now. I wasn’t sure about how it looked at first but I got used to it and I’m happy with the results:

AF28-B26-F-10-C3-4-CB5-89-B4-86192-F6-F38-F3.jpg

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #2,014 of 4,960
I had a similar experience with my Bifrost 2 / Lyr 3 stack. I’d read in multiple places here that it’s fine to stack them directly but I didn’t like how warm they’d get, even when the Lyr 3 was off (I keep the Bifrost 2 on 24/7). So I put some feet between them and it’s much better now. I wasn’t sure about how it looked at first but I got used to it and I’m happy with the results:

It looks really nice. It's harder to find silver feet to match silver Schiits. Mine are blacks; much easier to find matching feets.

That's how you're supposed to stack 'em. Btw, if your feet are metal, careful not to scratch the Bifrost. Mine are rubber.

May 9, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #2,015 of 4,960
It looks really nice. It's harder to find silver feet to match silver Schiits. Mine are blacks; much easier to find matching feets.

That's how you're supposed to stack 'em. Btw, if your feet are metal, careful not to scratch the Bifrost. Mine are rubber.

Thanks - they are metal but there is a rubber ring on the bottom that prevents the metal from touching the top of the Bifrost 2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CRH17B8/

EA768D34-C0F0-4CB1-BF4A-BD02568786E5.jpeg

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #2,016 of 4,960
I have Lyr3 on top of my Bifrost2, no problems. I do have some extra rubber feet between them though, giving about 1 cm of clearance total.
Can you explain how you attached the feet? Are they stick on feet? Did you just put them on the bottom of the existing feet, or besides them?

May 9, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #2,018 of 4,960

Would you have link where those feet can be bought? Thanks.

Edit: never mind. I saw your later post.

May 9, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #2,019 of 4,960

yes stacked jot on top

May 9, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #2,020 of 4,960
Can you explain how you attached the feet? Are they stick on feet? Did you just put them on the bottom of the existing feet, or besides them?
Feet that has hole that just fits the Jot 2's feet, so that it can't move around.

And not too tall. His is just nice. And looks great too. Get his feet for silver Bifrost 2/Jot 2/Lyr 3, guys.

Mine is shorter than his and not really visible.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #2,021 of 4,960
May 9, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #2,023 of 4,960
Absolutely. I wonder if thats the culprit here. NO matter what schiit says, its never wise to leave a electrical component capable of generating so much on all the time without giving any kind of break. IMO, it should be common sense. I tunr mine off each night when i m done using it. Knock on wood, none of my audio equipments have ever given me any kind of heat issues or have failed.
I turn on my DAC and SS amps all the time for months and probably more than a year. No issue.

If the dac/amp is properly designed (which Schiits are), I don't see an issue. But if we stack them, and they get hotter than their natural state, could be because of that.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #2,025 of 4,960

Users who are viewing this thread

Back