Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Jun 8, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #1,006 of 4,939
Yup. While I totally get that circumstances are outside their control and "it is what it is", I would prefer there was just a bit more transparency with this delay. Maybe I'm spoiled since Schiit is normally crazily transparent about almost everything else, and in this case maybe they're just being overly optimistic and keep missing their dates, but I'd rather them under-promise and over-deliver on the delay rather than keep getting my hopes up. Just tell us straight up if it'll be another two months, or whatever the worst case scenario is. Then, if I get a surprise shipping notice, I'll be overjoyed instead of disappointed repeatedly. (Maybe that is what they're doing with the June 30 update? Fingers crossed...)
Honestly, I think it's the supplier who is not being frank with Schiit and making them look bad. I'm sure they are being transparent as they can be at a professional level. I've only had great experiences with Schiit's customer service end to end.

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #1,007 of 4,939
Honestly, I think it's the supplier who is not being frank with Schiit and making them look bad. I'm sure they are being transparent as they can be at a professional level. I've only had great experiences with Schiit's customer service end to end.
I'm sure they have plenty of challenges these days, but, on the bright side, the Bifrost 2 is worth waiting for....

Jun 8, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #1,009 of 4,939

For sure, last I recall, it was the analog PCB supplier causing the delays from what I heard.

I have had nothing but stellar support from Schiit customer service as well and I have nothing bad to say about them whatsoever.

I think I'll just take @XERO1 's advice and stop looking at the updates so I stop getting excited and then subsequently bummed out.

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #1,010 of 4,939
For sure, last I recall, it was the analog PCB supplier causing the delays from what I heard.

I have had nothing but stellar support from Schiit customer service as well and I have nothing bad to say about them whatsoever.

I think I'll just take @XERO1 's advice and stop looking at the updates so I stop getting excited and then subsequently bummed out.

From all the posts I've seen on this and other forums, they do a great job taking responsibility and owning their' schitt' - actually find that very refreshing. Both Jason and Mike are exactly the kind of people I prefer to deal with.

Not once have I seen them blame somebody else for their *** ups - or not do what they can to make things right for their customers.

I love what they have done and are doing in this product space - as much for their approach as for the actual products!

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #1,012 of 4,939
This is a bummer. I was moving my Schiit stack to my bedroom for my self-isolation (since I’m a healthcare provider and I have vulnerable family members in my house, I’m keeping separate in the master bedroom) and I dropped my Modi 2. I spent two weeks figuring out what to get — I really wanted something between the Modi and the BiFrost, say a $200 Modi Super— and decided to splurge on the Bifrost2. I put my order in hours before the first delay notice... And of course, in the meantime, the Modius gets announced. Argh... gotta make that decision over again.

I think I will keep the Bifrost 2 in the end, because I’m think the balanced will work well with my next 2-channel upgrade (monoblock Aegirs). Hope it ships soon... I’m getting a little tired of using my portable DAC/Amp instead of my real amp

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #1,014 of 4,939
You guys should fly to LA now since Schiitr has them in-stock last time I checked last Saturday 6/6/20
lol, I bought 1 of the remaining 3 after chatting with you Saturday! Sounds amazing with my Lyr 3!

Jun 10, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #1,015 of 4,939
This is a bummer. I was moving my Schiit stack to my bedroom for my self-isolation (since I’m a healthcare provider and I have vulnerable family members in my house, I’m keeping separate in the master bedroom) and I dropped my Modi 2. I spent two weeks figuring out what to get — I really wanted something between the Modi and the BiFrost, say a $200 Modi Super— and decided to splurge on the Bifrost2. I put my order in hours before the first delay notice... And of course, in the meantime, the Modius gets announced. Argh... gotta make that decision over again.

I think I will keep the Bifrost 2 in the end, because I’m think the balanced will work well with my next 2-channel upgrade (monoblock Aegirs). Hope it ships soon... I’m getting a little tired of using my portable DAC/Amp instead of my real amp
Hope it arrives soon, but having received a BF2 a while back, I think you're going to find it well worth the wait!

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #1,016 of 4,939
lol, I bought 1 of the remaining 3 after chatting with you Saturday! Sounds amazing with my Lyr 3!

Nice to meet you there too! Bifrost 2 and Lyr 3 are an awesomesauce combination and Bifrost 2 is resolving enough to make the Lyr 3 sound incredibly dynamic and holographic. I wanted to hear the Lyr 3 coupled with HEDDphone as I've heard the HEDDphone with the Headamp GSX MK2 fed with Blu-DAVE only but wanted to hear if Lyr 3 will add an interesting flavor to it like more macrodynamics as we know Bifrost 2 slams with authority (Blu-DAVE with GSX MK2 sounds incredibly refined and ethereal, but having lighter macrodynamics out of the HEDDphone to my tastes)

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #1,017 of 4,939
Nice to meet you there too! Bifrost 2 and Lyr 3 are an awesomesauce combination and Bifrost 2 is resolving enough to make the Lyr 3 sound incredibly dynamic and holographic. I wanted to hear the Lyr 3 coupled with HEDDphone as I've heard the HEDDphone with the Headamp GSX MK2 fed with Blu-DAVE only but wanted to hear if Lyr 3 will add an interesting flavor to it like more macrodynamics as we know Bifrost 2 slams with authority (Blu-DAVE with GSX MK2 sounds incredibly refined and ethereal, but having lighter macrodynamics out of the HEDDphone to my tastes)
That's interesting... I heard the HEDDphone at CanJam NYC, but not really with any music that really had much slam potential... I've been running Bifrost 2 with a variety of amps, mostly Valhalla 2 with some phones, and THX 789 with my Focals... I'd love to try BF2 and GSX MK2 with my Stellia's...

Jun 10, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #1,018 of 4,939
I'm planning to get a new DAC next week and, according to Jason Stoddard's post yesterday on another site, the Bifrost 2 may be shipping by then. (Though even if he is correct, and he does acknowledge that nothing is really certain ATM, it is unclear when they will done clearing backorders and fulfilling new orders.) I'm still leaning towards putting in an order since I really want the Bifrost. At $770 including shipping and NJ sales tax, the Bifrost represents about the limit of my budget and the only DAC that seems to be a comparable alternative is the R-2R Denafrips Ares II (with free shipping and no tax, it is $2 cheaper) and that currently has a 2-3 week delay until it even ships from Singapore. I'd just as soon go with the US made Schiit for numerous reasons. (I guess I sound as impatient as I am. I'm currently five weeks into what appears to be a very long wait for a ZMF Aeolus which has sapped the little patience I normally have.)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #1,020 of 4,939
I'm using my Mimby again after not using it for over 6 months and I'm loving it but I want to know just how much better the Bifrost 2 is in comparison? For me $699 is a big jump since I've never spent over $300 for a dac so it has to be a noticable improvement over the Mimby. I'm sure it would be but I'd like to here what people think that have used both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back