Schiit Asgard + Fiio e7
Mar 19, 2011 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Bevo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, i just bought a e7 to use with my asgard and was wondering if anyone has used this combo before? Any thoughts would be great. I'll be using it with RE262's, AKG K702's and HD600's

Mar 19, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 10
Unfortunately, the E7 doesn't work properly with any amp other than the E9, because it doesn't have a direct line out. You will have to wait until Fiio releases the L7 lod for the E7 in order to use it with other amps without having the amp portion of the E7 mix in with your Asgard.

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 10
Thanks for that mate. I truly hope they make it look slightly better than pictured haha.

I just emailed Fiio, ill let you guys know if they have a release date etc

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 10
Bumping this thread, because I almost just bought this combo myself. Glad I saw this before I pulled the trigger.

I'm going to look around to see if this piece is out right now, will post back if someone else has not already.

EDIT:

I think this is what we would be looking for. http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L7-Line-Dock-Cable/dp/B004QVNS0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1303925441&sr=8-1

Now I only need to decide whether I want the Asgard or if the E9 would be a better option. Has anyone heard both? I'd figure both have plenty of juice to run just about any dynamic headphone, and with what i've read about solid state amps, I wouldn't think they would be too much different.

I'm also not sure I like the way it would be set up... I'm by no means a cable purist who buys $1000 cables, but I would probably prefer something a bit more beefy like RCA cables connecting my DAC, or the solution the e7/e9 combo has. That picture showing that thin cable on the amazon link worries me. From a SQ standpoint, do I have a reason to be concerned?

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 10
Well, this is primarily a portable device and it can use the same cables on the line-out as any other device with a mini-out.  Of course, the e9 has RCA line-outs and a mini-preout.  I'm using blue-jeans cable 's mine-RCA cable and am very happy with it.

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 10
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but now that the L7 has been released, is this a good combo?

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 10
Has anyone tried connecting the Asgard to the E7?  I plan on getting the Asgard and the Bifrost at some point but I'm wondering which I should get first.  Would it be best to use the E7 as an amp or DAC before I am able to purchase the Asgard and the Bifrost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back