Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #2,386 of 2,863
So the asgard will output 2V to pre out RCA with vol at max?

Mar 20, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #2,387 of 2,863
Mar 21, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #2,388 of 2,863
So the asgard will output 2V to pre out RCA with vol at max?
AFAIK:
Asgard 3 pre-out is essentially same signal amplitude as output to the front panel 1/4" headphone jack.

Max 1.4V in low gain with older DAC cards (e.g. AK4490, original Multibit), up to 6*1.4V = 8.4V in high gain (controlled by volume control).

2.0V in low gain with ESS9028 DAC and Multibit 2 DAC Module when it gets released (hopefully Dec this year dependent on ADSP processor availability)

Mar 21, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #2,389 of 2,863
AFAIK:
Asgard 3 pre-out is essentially same signal amplitude as output to the front panel 1/4" headphone jack.

Max 1.4V in low gain with older DAC cards (e.g. AK4490, original Multibit), up to 6*1.4V = 8.4V in high gain (controlled by volume control).

2.0V in low gain with ESS9028 DAC and Multibit 2 DAC Module when it gets released (hopefully Dec this year dependent on ADSP processor availability)
Thanks, considering asgard with the new ESS card. Also need a DAC for my Current amp. So Asgard would be 2 in 1 with 2V out :)

Apr 3, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #2,391 of 2,863
Anyone use the Asgard3 multibit as a Dac/preamp? Thinking about buying one of the closeout deals to feed into a valhalla 2.
I have a multibit card in my Asgard 3. I also have a Modi 3+ and a Bifrost 2. The Bifrost 2 is great, but the difference between the multibit card in the Asgard 3 and the Modi 3+ is very slight. For the money, the Modi 3+ is the clear choice, between those two. Although, maybe, the multibit card is a tad bit better. But not much.

Apr 3, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #2,393 of 2,863
I've had The A3 for about a month now. At first I must admit I didn't love it but it's really grown on me now. I was first using it with the Zen Dac. I returned that and have ordered a Modi 3e which should arrive tomorrow.
I don't have much experience with amps or dacs, my only other currently is the BTR5 so I tried using it as the dac with the A3 and then yesterday I decided to plug the A3 directly into my laptop via rca to 3.5mm cable, to my huge surprise I found that sounded better than using the btr5 as dac.

Apr 4, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #2,394 of 2,863
I've had The A3 for about a month now. At first I must admit I didn't love it but it's really grown on me now. I was first using it with the Zen Dac. I returned that and have ordered a Modi 3e which should arrive tomorrow.
I don't have much experience with amps or dacs, my only other currently is the BTR5 so I tried using it as the dac with the A3 and then yesterday I decided to plug the A3 directly into my laptop via rca to 3.5mm cable, to my huge surprise I found that sounded better than using the btr5 as dac.
I like the Modi 3E better than my Modi 3+ and Modius. It's giving my beloved Modi multibit a run for its money!

May 10, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #2,397 of 2,863
I have used the Asgard ᴨ, Hifiman Sundara phones withEffect Audio Eros 2+, Bespoke cable for two years. I exist in a hapy flow state with it constantly. It is powered down only for electrical storms etc. It is a very great and transparent set.
I am considering adding a Node 2i to replce my lptop as a source. I live in the radio stream. Can it be configured sans smart-phone? I dont use one. pfM 3.1

May 10, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #2,398 of 2,863
Hi all, new to this forum. Asgard 3 w/ ESS Dac has been my dac/amp at work for at least 6 months now. Can't believe how great a value this piece of gear is, although I definitely prefer the Naim Atom HE I have at home for sound signature and features. Asgard 3 so natural sounding and spacious (with a variety of Focal headphones I've tried), although a little on the lean side compared to the Naim.

May 10, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #2,400 of 2,863
Are there any dac/amps sub-$500 that give the Asgard 3 a run for its money?
I started off with the Asgard 2 and I've been using the Asgard 3 since it was released. I found a NM in the box Drop THX 789 amp for $120 and went for it because I've always been curious about this amp. Since I bought it I haven't turned my Asgard 3 on. I use it with my Modi multibit and Modi 3E mainly. But my Modius and Modi 3+ have synergy with it. I'll never part with my Asgard 3 but the 789 is fun alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back