Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #1,516 of 2,857
Anybody using the A3 with Audeze LCD-2C currently using Magni 3

I have tested A3 against A2 & Magni3+ with a different planar HP (lower impedance ~16 ohms vs the 2C's 70 ohms, and lower sensitivity). IMHO, A3 has better 3-D soundstage than the others, and is very resolving but not overly bright-- a great HP amp. A3 should be able to deliver ~1.8 Wpc or so into a 70 ohm load, more than plenty for the LCD-2C. Like Jason said, the bass / midbass is a bit on the warm side.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #1,517 of 2,857
Anybody using the A3 with Audeze LCD-2C currently using Magni 3

Currently have LCD2F and had the classics. Great sounding together. My other amp is a liquid platinum and I go back and forth to Asgard 3 happily. I figure A3 delivers about 2 watts, I listen in low gain at times. Highs are controlled and smooth and nice low end control. Not clinical or plastic sounding whatsoever. Works great with modern death metal and nicer sounding old analog recordings. Dac has influence for sure, but it's a great pairing IMO.

Oct 20, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #1,520 of 2,857
I have had a pair of HEDD Headphones for several months and have really liked the overall sound they present....with the new AMT driver technology....a wonderful set of headphones, like having two speakers hanging in front of your ears!!

I love the pairing with the Schiit Jotenheim running in balanced mode with HIGH gain...a magical setup...the Lyr 3 also works well but the old Jot stillhas that magic.

Tonight I turned on the Asgard 3 by mistake and plugged the HEDD's into the Asgard 3...Volia!! Awesome!

More than enough power to drive the fairly inefficient Hedds at approx 42 ohms at 87 dB SPL for 1 mW.

On low gain the volume pot is at 2 oclock for a lively listening level and in high gain its at 10 o'clock for the approx same levels.

a3.jpg

Most any of these amps will drive the new HEDD's very, very well. But for only $199 Schiit has a really nice affordable SS amp that is a "steal" for the price IMO.

Oct 22, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #1,524 of 2,857
Anybody know please shipping costs to the UK for Schiit gear please? Schiit UK do not have no stock of anything quite pointless them ever stocking anything TBH
You should be able to check this from Schiit’s own website.

Once you’ve got your Schiit in the cart, there is a shipping rate button you can enter to see the various FedEx/USPS delivery options and prices.

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,526 of 2,857
Yep all sorted thank you. Schiit uk/eu never have stock of much at all. You could be waiting months
Yeah, same here in Oz, local Disti has no stock and no idea when they’ll get any, so buying direct is it. Works out cheaper that way anyway :L3000:

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #1,527 of 2,857
plus for out of USA, you can buy b-stock for a bit of savings (since return shipping would be too expensive if using the 15-day trial period with a-stock)

IMHO A3 is a much nicer amp than the A2, especially for low-impedance low-efficiency headphones like some planars.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #1,528 of 2,857
plus for out of USA, you can buy b-stock for a bit of savings (since return shipping would be too expensive if using the 15-day trial period with a-stock)

IMHO A3 is a much nicer amp than the A2, especially for low-impedance low-efficiency headphones like some planars.
Works like a champ with my HiFiMAN HE400i's, which leeds to a question for you tincanear. Would you consider the 400i a low-impedance low-efficiency headphone?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #1,529 of 2,857
Works like a champ with my HiFiMAN HE400i's, which leeds to a question for you tincanear. Would you consider the 400i a low-impedance low-efficiency headphone?
from the specs, it looks to be 35 ohm and 93dB/mW, so i would consider them low-to-medium impedance, and medium efficiency planars.

Note that planars are generally much harder to drive than some dynamics (like some Focals that are above 100dB/mW)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #1,530 of 2,857
Would you get the Asgard with the DAC or would you get it built-in? Also, any regrets not going for a balanced output amp?
I got the MB card as my desk space is limited. Also, didn't want to fuss with additional cables and things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back