Schiit announces Modi 3+
Dec 2, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 20
No offense, but huge yawn.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 20
Dec 3, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #4 of 20
Well, well.. I might just pull the trigger on a Modi 3+ and a Magni 3+ stack, after all.

The Modi 3 alone is a very decent DAC within its price range; the addition of Unison USB puts the cherry on top.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #5 of 20
I just ordered my second Modi 3+. I have pretty much decided that every desktop computer in my house needs one. I have heard two opposing criticisms - some people say that the (probably $2) DAC built into my motherboard is as good as any DAC on the planet. Others tell me that until I spend $500 or more I will never get a decent DAC. I'm settled on the Modi 3+. I never heard the Modi 3 or any competing $100-ish DACs, so I cannot claim my Modi is better than those, but it sure sounded better than the soundcard built into my PC.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 20
I just ordered my second Modi 3+. I have pretty much decided that every desktop computer in my house needs one. I have heard two opposing criticisms - some people say that the (probably $2) DAC built into my motherboard is as good as any DAC on the planet. Others tell me that until I spend $500 or more I will never get a decent DAC. I'm settled on the Modi 3+. I never heard the Modi 3 or any competing $100-ish DACs, so I cannot claim my Modi is better than those, but it sure sounded better than the soundcard built into my PC.
I've owned the Bifrost multibit and the Bifrost 4490. If I were blindfolded I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between the Modi multibit and Bifrost multibit or the Modi 3 and Bifrost 4490. I've never owned a DAC that cost over $500. I've owned the Modius and Topping D50s also. I can't forget the Cambridge dacmagic 100. They all sounded good to me.

Jun 22, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #7 of 20
The B Stock Modi 3+ is working great two or three weeks on. I put it in the system that gets the most use and moved the A stock Modi 3+ to my secondary system. I never "A/B'ed" them, I hate that kind of testing. I'll happily read your reviews and even jump in and praise or criticize your test methods, but for me listening is a lazy pleasure.

Jul 6, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 20
Had the Modi 3+, then got the Modi MB. Now I am thinking of selling the Modi MB to go for a Gumby. Just want to keep climbing up that ladder. So you may see a 1 month old Modi MB for sale in the classifieds in the very near future. Upgradatitis is a real thing.

Nov 10, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #11 of 20
I have the Modi 3+ and I'm very happy with it. It's got me thinking if I should think about the Modi Multibit down the road?
The Modi multibit is a terrific DAC in my opinion. When I went from the Modi 3 to the Modi multibit I was really surprised how much more that I liked it.
I also have a Modius and it really gives the Modi multibit a run for the money in my opinion.

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #13 of 20
I have the Modi 3+ and I'm very happy with it. It's got me thinking if I should think about the Modi Multibit down the road?
Everyone who compares the two online seems to fall into one of two camps: A) Love them both but love the multibit more, B) Love the Modi but excoriate the multi because it is stupid old tech. I have got two Modi 3+'s and I love them. Cannot comment on the Multi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back