Schiit and DCA Bring You an Amazing Bundle for only $679
Nov 17, 2023 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mrspeakers

Sponsor: Dan Clark Audio (Formerly MrSpeakers)
Hi everyone!

@Jason Stoddard and I were talking and decided to put together another wonderful bundle: this time an AEON RT Closed and an Asgard 3 with 9028 DAC for only $679! Yup, a complete DAC, and and headphone, all built in the USA, for only $679!

The offer is good while supplies last, or until January 8, 2024. Orders can be placed at Schiit.com here.

asgard aeon rt composite.jpg

We also did an informal chat video where we talk about issues in voicing products, and a few other topics... Hope you'll enjoy it!

Enjoy, and happiest of holidays to everyone!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 17, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 10
Question! is the ES9028 DAC the same as when you order a standard Asgard, or has the one for the combo been modified in any way?
The same...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 18, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #4 of 10
"So why should I get this combo? You gonna do another deal next month?
Holy moly. We do one package this summer and one in December and you think it's package of the month club? Sure, then yeah we'll do Expanse and Ragnarok and Yggdrasil and Urd or something like that"

Imagine Corina + Schiit Electrostatic tube amp.

The Corina is super special among estats, but the entry hurdle for estat amps is not insignificant.

A collab like Audeze LCD-R/Raal, would be neat here.

Nov 18, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #5 of 10
Am I misinterpreting the picture or does that show the Aeon 2 folding gimbal on an Aeon RT? If so, dang! I just picked up the Closed X not too long ago...

EDIT: that's a VIVO cable on there too and I'm guessing that probably doesn't come in the box with this bundle. I bet the picture is of some kind of prototype that somebody had on their desk.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #6 of 10
oooooh if I didn't already own an Asgard 3, this would be a serious consideration for me. That said, I listened to the DCA Aeon Noire without any tuning filters/pads at CanJam Dallas and I loved it, so I'm definitely in the market for some DCA gear. So this package is something I can recommend to people just getting into the hobby, and I will just be on the lookout for DCA next time I'm flush with cash to get a new pair of headphones.

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 10
Am I misinterpreting the picture or does that show the Aeon 2 folding gimbal on an Aeon RT? If so, dang! I just picked up the Closed X not too long ago...

EDIT: that's a VIVO cable on there too and I'm guessing that probably doesn't come in the box with this bundle. I bet the picture is of some kind of prototype that somebody had on their desk.

Mystery solved: it's actually a bad photoshop of the Aeon 2 from the Jotunheim combo picture.

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 10

Whoops missed that. No, it's not folding, sorry about that. I totally missed that when Jason sent the photo...

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 10
This is an excellent combo with a great price! I already own the Aeon Drop Closed X, which I believe is the same as the Aeon Closed RT besides branding, and I'm awash in amps (including a Jotunheim 2), so I'm not gonna pull the trigger on this, but glad to see the collaboration and great pricing!

Nov 21, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 10
oooooh if I didn't already own an Asgard 3, this would be a serious consideration for me. That said, I listened to the DCA Aeon Noire without any tuning filters/pads at CanJam Dallas and I loved it, so I'm definitely in the market for some DCA gear. So this package is something I can recommend to people just getting into the hobby, and I will just be on the lookout for DCA next time I'm flush with cash to get a new pair of headphones.
The best closed Aeon 😏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back