Schematic for SinglePower MPX3?
Mar 6, 2014 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

augustwest

Headphoneus Supremus
Schematic for SinglePower MPX3?

Does anyone have basic schematic for a SinglePower MPX3? My MPX3 had the usual transformer failure last week. I currently have a amp tech who will replace the it with a more robust one.

While he has it apart, I asked that he install a “gain reduction” toggle switch to occupy the hole that was previously used for the “high power” switch that is being removed. To make this request easier, he ask if I could come up with a basic schematic for the amp. I said I would give it a try. . . . . So does anyone have, or know where I can get the schematic for this amp?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 7
Sorry I can't help but I am extremely interested as well (in case mine ever does break), so if you don't mind I will subscribe.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 7
Kevin Gilmore has posted it a few times. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/436281/supra-schematic

Same as a supra, with some part value differences in the audio section, and LARGE differences in the power supply section. 
Since every SP is just a little bit speshul, the best you will find is really just a guideline. That should get anyone who should be poking around in there started anyways. 

The "gain control" was just a few extra resistors in the volume control. Basically the same thing you would get if you bought those RCA attenuators. 

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks,

"Kevin Gilmore has posted it a few times. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/436281/supra-schematic

Same as a supra, with some part value differences in the audio section, and LARGE differences in the power supply section. 
Since every SP is just a little bit speshul, the best you will find is really just a guideline. That should get anyone who should be poking around in there started anyways. 

The "gain control" was just a few extra resistors in the volume control. Basically the same thing you would get if you bought those RCA attenuators."

I saw that and was confused by the Supra label. I will forward it on to my amp tech with your note as to it being a basic starting point and not an exact road map.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back