Scenario: A hotel room, candlelight, champagne...
Mar 15, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by schweinhund /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Her name is KD and she ain't no prize.

Ugly little fellow but if it sounds the way I imagine, I'd wear it.

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I read in another thread that its soundstage is narrow compared to K701, which is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

I actually said something to this effect in a different thread...

The soundstage on the T1s is great -- very spacious and natural-sounding. However, like Palpatine said, the T1s are narrowER than the K701s, but they are by no means narrow.

It's been a while since I listened to a pair of HD650s, but from what I remember I can say that the T1s might be the closest thing to the lovechild you describe. They don't have quite the soundstage width of the K701s, but they have similar clarity and in my opinion even more detail in the middle frequencies. There is also significantly more bass than the K701s, and it is more impactful. And from what I remember about the HD650s, the T1s' bass is MUCH tighter.

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to see (read: hear) the love child of HD800s and LA7000s. Musical, fun cans crossbred with neutrality incarnate and jawdropping soundstage.

That would be pretty awesome. Hopefully that love child would get most of its looks from the LA7000s
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophonax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be pretty awesome. Hopefully that love child would get most of its looks from the LA7000s
biggrin.gif

True that, hands down the most beautiful headphones I've seen.

And with the HD800 cable entry method using a DHC Complement.

We can only dream...

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophonax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually said something to this effect in a different thread...

The soundstage on the T1s is great -- very spacious and natural-sounding. However, like Palpatine said, the T1s are narrowER than the K701s, but they are by no means narrow.

It's been a while since I listened to a pair of HD650s, but from what I remember I can say that the T1s might be the closest thing to the lovechild you describe. They don't have quite the soundstage width of the K701s, but they have similar clarity and in my opinion even more detail in the middle frequencies. There is also significantly more bass than the K701s, and it is more impactful. And from what I remember about the HD650s, the T1s' bass is MUCH tighter.

The T1 sounds very promising.
I was just reading a review about the GS1000i and it also sounds very much like it has the clarity of the K701 with a more extensive bass range. Can you offer any comparison between the GS1000i and T1?

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to see (read: hear) the love child of HD800s and LA7000s. Musical, fun cans crossbred with neutrality incarnate and jawdropping soundstage.

That would be the jh13pro. IEM lovechild.

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by sling5s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be the jh13pro. IEM lovechild.

Sadly I doubt the JH13 Pro can come anywhere near the LA7000 bass impact (most likely depth/detail though), which is a big selling point. They're also IEMs, and I can't STAND IEMs comfort-wise.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #27 of 32
...some strawberries...Ron Paul...

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tympanum_Plan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one is the woman?

obviously the K701, given her "high pitched whining" whereas the HD-650 is slow, fat, and lazy dude like me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #29 of 32
Tell me more about the DT990... how it fits into the scenario?

Any other suggestions? Nobody is suggesting any Grados?

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #30 of 32
Isn't there a compromise between neutral and "fun"? Can't be both can it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back