Scammer: TRL (Tube Research Labs) / Paul Weitzel
Apr 7, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #16 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcstep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't try to talk anyone into it and I understand your position, but I've had great experience with Ric Schultz at:
EVS Homepage

Dave

[size=small]NEEDS MORE ADVERTISING!
rolleyes.gif

[/size]

Apr 7, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 170
The thing about mods is that their cost plus the price of the gear is usually more than a superior model. You're usually better off selling your gear and using the mod money to buy something better.

Apr 7, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #21 of 170
Whenever somebody went on and on about how great ther TRL modded players are, I have always posted to ask what exactly was done for their money?

Multiple times, nobody has given an answer, the buyer or TRL. It still amazes me people are willign to pay that kind of $$$ for a "product" without knowing anything about it. This isn't even conceivable buying anything else.

"So what's under the hood of this $50K car?"

"I don't know but you won't regret it!"

Apr 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #23 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at the pictures, I think he may have been trying to kill you before you could get a refund with that dangerously bad excuse for craftsmanship.

No kidding! That would be embarassing even for somebody's first project, let alone somebody charging a significant amount of money for it.

Apr 8, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #27 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing about mods is that their cost plus the price of the gear is usually more than a superior model. You're usually better off selling your gear and using the mod money to buy something better.

However the beauty of modified units like the Modwrights and Exemplars is when bought used, or sending in used gear to modify they are super bargins in there price ranges.

Apr 9, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #30 of 170
Ok all I have ever done is soldered a cable together, and I think the joints arent that good because sometimes it doesn't look but I still think I might be able to solder better than him
tongue.gif

The battery compartment is epic
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back