Saying hi to random people
Jan 31, 2016 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
From time to time I do like to say hi to random people but you gotta be careful. If it's in a crowded city like mid town New York it looks a little unnatural.

I remember last year while stopping in a rural area in Alabama on my road trip, a random stranger said hi to me and I was happy.

If you're scared to say hi to random people and you have a YouTube account, you can say hi to random YouTube commenters and it may pop up on their phones. I've done this and sometimes I will have a random stranger saying hi to me in return.

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 7
If you walk in a park and it's not crowded in the early morning, sometimes strangers will say hi. The other day some old lady said hi to me.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #5 of 7
Every day, as I walk through the corridors of the Veterans' Affairs hospital that I rotate to, I say hi to everyone, no matter what.
However, at my college, I'm more refined. It's less professional there, thus more awkward.

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 7
I work in a building with with several thousand people. I'm in the elevator all day. Rarely people say hi.

This morning I was shoveling several inches of snow that accumulated last night and said hi to two neighbors and another person walking by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back